Sign in to follow this  

If you use PAYPAL better check your bank account (OT)

Mine had a charge of $49.95 on it from the 23'rd from Ormedia.com who have something posted on their web site saying they have nothing to do with it. It evidently is pretty widespread.Neal

That last website doesn't work (aboutpaypal.org).Not be an apologist for them, but PayPal is probably experiencing growing pains. They look to be bought by eBay (the sale is either pending or has taken effect, depending upon which news site you trust) and I'm guessing things will get better. But, although I use them with my credit card (and have for a year now -- while they will be persistant in wanting you to give them your bank account, you do *not* have to do so to continue to use them) I will not give them my bank information.I have also found them to be *very* responsive in backing out charges -- indeed, I just sent PayPal an email and they reversed the charges within a week (far easier than contesting a credit card charge). Just be careful with how you deal with things (I only use my AMX card with them because AMX very aggresively protects their customers, unlike some cards).

Mike, this is not the first time you have posted those. Did it ever occur to you that those might be from disgruntled former PAYPAL users with little or not substantitive fact to base them on? I don't know. But I do know this; we use PAYPAL here at AVSIM and their service and functionality have been great, and we have not had ONE, ZIP, NADA, problem with them. Apparently, neither has a couple of million other folks. If the problems were as systemic as those sites seem to indicate, the U.S. Federal Government would have interceded long ago. My three cents.

Guest Heather 636

I sure hope you're right Tom as I have used PayPal for quite some time (with no problems I might add) with direct draw from my bank account. Although, any unauthorized withdrawals from my bank account wouldn't net them much, but it's still groceries and the like. I NEED every penny in there!These reports, I must admit, have made me a little nervous. On the other hand, I can't believe that Ebay would be acquiring PayPal if there was a serious problem anywhere.MY three cents worth.Regards,Heather

I've since gotten in touch with my bank and while they aren't talking a whole lot about it they had already caught it "before" I called them as fraud. It was from a credit card/ATM card number and I have no reason to believe that Pay Pal was even involved at this point although I've filed a report with them as well. I came to remove the post but the forum software doesn't allow it. You are welcome to as it was premature. I was going on the information from the bogus site.Neal