Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshuah Wetzel

Quietly Deactivating Auto-pilot

Guest Joshuah Wetzel

Hey everyone,I was wondering if anybody knew how to deactivate the auto-pilot quietly (i.e.: no alarms activating). Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Joshuah Wetzel

There is no way to deactivate quietly although the best method is to press the disengage switch twice in quick succestion. The first click will disengage and the second will cancel the warning.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest Joshuah Wetzel

Thanks,Joshuah Wetzel

Josh FYI: There are really good reasons why the autopilot will not go away quietly! :-)

Wait until you hear the MD-11's AP disconnect sound! }( We'll make sure that the volume will be accurate, and accurate in this case meaning VERY loud, HE HE ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard

PMDG actually did a heck of a job making you have to double click a joystick button to perform a soft autopilot disconnect. The first time I tried it I really loved the fact that the alarm went on. Except in the real Boeing aircraft I know of, if you're quick enough with the double click the disconnect alarm won't go off since the airplane understands you're purposefully disconnecting the a/pBest Regards,Victor LimaSBGLhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Joshuah Wetzel

I understand that there is a reason why the auto-pilot's deafening alarm goes off when it is deactivated. The only bad thing with that on my part, is I mostly fly at night. Which means that if I deactivate it, everyone in the house that is already asleep is going to be woken up.-It's hard to fly during the day, because I am usually gone.Joshuah Wetzel

Guest B1900 Mech

You could open the disconect wave file with windows sound recorder,and reduce the volume of the AP disconect sound.

>I understand that there is a reason why the auto-pilot's>deafening alarm goes off when it is deactivated. The only bad>thing with that on my part, is I mostly fly at night. Which>means that if I deactivate it, everyone in the house that is>already asleep is going to be woken up.Have you tried turning down/off your sound? I've heard it works wonders.