Sign in to follow this  
Guest rpast55

PMDG 737 NG 600/700/800/900

Guest rpast55

I can't fly at night because I'm unable to turn on the dome light in any of the PMDG models and modes to illuminate the panel. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I can try to turn the dome light on? I have no interest in the virtual cockpit display. Only the 2D. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Thank you, Ray

Guest HeavyMetal

>> I can't fly at night because I'm unable to turn on the dome>light in any of the PMDG models and modes to illuminate the>panel. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I can try to>turn the dome light on? I have no interest in the virtual>cockpit display. Only the 2D. >>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.>>Thank you, RayRay.. The only way that I know of to activate the dome light feature of the panel is via the vc cockpit overhead panel. I too do not fly in vc mode and only use it to turn on the dome light.------------------------------------------------------------------Joe FritschChief Operations OfficerNoble Air VAhttp://www.nobleair.com"It's not the fall that kills ya. It's the sudden stop at the end"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gif

The dome light switch in 2D, on the overhead panel, lights up the panels.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest rpast55

>>>> I can't fly at night because I'm unable to turn on the>dome>>light in any of the PMDG models and modes to illuminate the>>panel. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I can try>to>>turn the dome light on? I have no interest in the virtual>>cockpit display. Only the 2D. >>>>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.>>>>Thank you, Ray>>Ray.. The only way that I know of to activate the dome light>feature of the panel is via the vc cockpit overhead panel. I>too do not fly in vc mode and only use it to turn on the dome>light.>------------------------------------------------------------------>Joe Fritsch>Chief Operations Officer>Noble Air VA>http://www.nobleair.com>>"It's not the fall that kills ya. It's the sudden stop at the>end">http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gif------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for your reply, Joe. Here's more of my situation. I do not have active camera installed. I'm able to turn on the panel knob, all of the instruments light up in yellow. However, I'm not able to see the panel itself in order to place switches in their correct position. The panel, itself, has no illumination. I brought up the overhead panel which allows me to turn on the panel knob, however, I'm unable to activate the dome light. I did this in the vc cockpit mode of the 800. The lower knob is the panel light and the upper knob is the dome. That's the one giving me the problem. Any other thoughts?Thanks,Ray

Guest rpast55

Dan,Thanks for your response. I'm able to activate the panel light knob in 2D, but not the dome light knob on the overhead. I'm just not getting a response from that knob.Thanks for your thoughts.Ray

the dome light only works in the vc, as far as i know...i find the illumination of the 2d-panel to dark too. hopefully they

It only works in the VC view and you need all the updates to ensure it does work.You say you don't use the VC view well, you really don't know what your missing!With 'TrackIR 4' it is totally addictive and more real as it gets.

Dave Taylor gb.png