Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruahrc

CH Yoke + 737NG Problems

Guest Ruahrc

I have a CH Yoke, pedals, and throttle set. I have set up all my axes and stuff in FSUIPC and it all works pretty well.I do have 2 problems, however, that I can't get right.First, I have the spoilers assigned to one axis on my throttle quadrant. I have it calibrated correctly and it works fine, except it seems to over-ride the autospolier function. Thus, when I land, even though I have the spoilers correctly "armed", they do not deploy when I touch down. This happens even when I "arm" the spoilers the old way using the mouse and clicking on the panel (i.e. not using the lever at all).I have the same problem with the auto brakes. I can properly set and arm them just fine, but they do not activate upon touchdown. It happens whether or not I manually land or use the autoland functions. I am not accidentally touching the brakes on my pedals during landing, as I have tried autolanding without even touching the brake pedals.Is this a known problem with the CH hardware, FSUIPC, and the 737? Or is it a configuration problem that I must fix? I might be able to accept de-assigning the spoiler lever but the brakes are too integral a part to have them de-assigned. Thanks for any advice/experience you can shed on the matter.Ruahrc

Guest tmetzinger

Check your throttles at IDLE. Brakes and spoilers will not deploy unless your throttles are at idle. The registered version of FSUIPC will allow you to calibrate a dead zone for idle so that when you pull your throttles back to the detent for idle the sim will see them at idle with no variation.To test this, disable the throttle axes in the sim and test fly using the keyboard for throttles. If the auto brakes deploy when you use idle thrust (F1), then you need to calibrate your throttles.-Tim

Hi, I had the same problem. Make sure that the filtering option (left, right brake) in FSUIPC is unchecked. This solves the problem. Jan-Paul

Guest Ruahrc

Unchecking the filtering option correctly fixed the autobrakes problem. But I still can't get the spoilers to work. Any advice there?Ruahrc