Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

help from other Voodoo5 users

I have now moved to XP.Xp comes with a 3dfx driver (recently updated by Microsoft windows update).This is the only driver ( I have tried many others from 3dfx underground) which doesn't give me blue screen when at full CPU (AMD1700Mhz)setting.The other drivers will work only if I run at 1100Mhz (Go figure that!)However, I can't set fsaa and LOD etc like I could using 3dfx tools and win 98. How can I get 3dfx tools working with this driver?Have you any ideas at all?Is there any mod or tweak I can do?Thanks for any help at all.

Guest cornclose

Sorry, don;t use XP (still 98SE) but are you sure it is your voodoo driver causing your lockups ? Sounds to me like you don't get problems when you reduce the CPU speed ? Likely to be something else, like RAM timings of something.Is the Voodoo5 PCI or AGP ?Other drivers I have found to be good for V5 are avialable at nuangel.netRegardsChris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)