Sign in to follow this  
Guest photon

737 NG - FMC "No Active Route"

Guest photon

This seems to be happening to me more and more frequently. I will program a route into the FMC fly along happily using LNAV for quite some time and usually nearing the end of the flight I will lose the route in the FMC and it will give me the message saying "No active Route".

>This seems to be happening to me more and more frequently. I>will program a route into the FMC fly along happily using LNAV>for quite some time and usually nearing the end of the flight>I will lose the route in the FMC and it will give me the>message saying "No active Route".Have you cleared all the Discontinuities from the FMC route?- John

Guest photon

John...I will have to be more aware of that next time I fly. Thanks for the tip...that may be the problem.

John is exactly right.. always review the route in the LEGS pages before you fly it. You'll find something to tweek a surprising percentage of the time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest photon

Well disco's do not seem to be the problem.I just programmed a flight into the FMC last night. The Legs page did not contain any disco's and near the end of the flight I experienced the same problem. It lost the route and a message came across the FMC stating that I had no active route.

What is the planned route, and at what point does the error occur?

Dan Downs KCRP