Sign in to follow this  
Guest trulsismann

PMDG 737 Crash to desktop

Guest trulsismann

HelloI've used the pmdg 737 for quite a long time now, nothing wrong..BUT suddenly for around a week ago i tried loading up the 737 and the loading screen just stalled at 0% and it crashed just like that..i've tried loading the deafult Cessna and THEN swithching to the 737, no result.I've installed the newest airac cycle, no result.Please help me!PS: when i load the deafult cessna first and then switches to the 737 it makes a wierd noise before it exites...Thanks in advance,TRULS

Hi TrulsI read your post and thought I would like to reply. I am not a computer expert and would hate to give you advise then make things worse for you. From what you have told us it looks like some sort of file corruption, and I this is what I would do in the first instance as it is probably the easiest. Assuming that you are using windows xp, go to start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore, then restore your computer to a date hightlited in bold when you knew that flight sim worked properly and as that is only a week ago I doubt it will harm anything you have loaded since. and when the machine re boots when its finished restoring, then you should be back to how you were before you had problems. I find this fixes loads of stuff, and if it doesn't then come back here for more advise. This is just step 1.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest trulsismann

Hi again John, thanks for the quick reply!I tried with system restore but unfortunately it didn't work.What's your "Step 2" ?TRULS

Hi again TrulsWhat a shame the system restore did not work. I was hoping that others would have chipped in here to offer some other advise for you. But I would next decide to re install just the plane package that was not working, and if that didn't work I would re install fs9 and the plane packages. These are extreem measures and you need to think carefully before proceeding , and make sure that you have all the back ups needed before you delete or uninstall any package or you may be worse off than when you started. If you do not want to go to these extreems just yet and no further help comes along then I would shoot off an e-mail dirctly to pmdg support with exact details of what is occuring and hope that they can shed some light on what is happening.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest trulsismann

Well, I don't know what to do, really. I just feel very sceptical about reinstalling everything...:-( But if it can be to any help, it sais in the error report that it contains information about: scenery.cfg fs9.cfg dxdiag.xmlI don't know if it can be to any help but maybe it would ...Truls

Hi Trulsfrom that list of errors the easiest one to deal with will be fs9.cfg. because you can safely delete it and the next time that fs9 is run it will re build a new one ,you will loose a few settings but thats no problem to put back if it fixes things. and that has solved lots of problems for others too. If you dont know where the file is it is hereC:Documents and SettingsYour nameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9report backregards John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest trulsismann

Sorry i didn't point that out for you but i've tried that already.what about the two others, is it usual for those to be mentioned in any fs9 error report or could it be "PMDG 737 specific" if you know what i mean?Truls, Norway

Hi LarsI did a google search for your problem and found others with the same problem but unfortunately no solution. Bit I am guessing that dxdiag.xml is some sort of diagnostic program, so have you run that on its own and looked at the results, maybe there is a clue there, I am happy to compare results from your machine to mine and see if we can nail this down. In the meantime i will continue to search and see if i can find anything that may helpregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest trulsismann

Lars?

Hi Trulssorry my typo, was trying to do two things at once, and write two messages to two different people, but got mixed up.regards John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest trulsismann

No problem.I tried the dxdiag out, it found no faults. I don't know what to do, im just about to rip my hair off my head..:-grr

Hi againWish I could be of more help, at least you have some hair on your head to rip out. I think you should now consider shooting off an e-mail to PMDG support with as much detail as possible and see if that gets any results, then maybe it will come down to a fresh install of either the PMDG package or the whole fs9 program. but in my opinion try the support option first. From what I have read on the problem others have suggested updating the video drivers, maybe thats worth a try, just a long shot. Some have also suggested disabling any 3rd party scenery from fs9 as well. sounds like a good move for elimination too if you have any such scenery.over 80 people have read this so far, anyone else offer some help?regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest trulsismann

Yep.Thank tou SO much for your help, i really appreciate it! Ill contact PMDG soon.Truls