Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How to add VHKG (Kai Tak) to the 747 DB?

I use FSBuild for flight planning. IT only recogonzes VHKG as the Kait tak airport.But VHKG is not in the PMDG 747 Database.How do I load this flight plan by adding VHKG? any ideas. Also, How can I add the entire procedure from the VOR "CH" all the way to the runway?ThanksManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I thought Kai Tak was VHHX?

Yeah..me too.. But FSBuild does not accept VHHX. Its VHKG in FSBuild.Manny

Manny

That's strange. Sorry I can't be of help, I just needed to make sure I wasn't going crazy thinking it was VHHX.:-lol Good luck, hope you get it figured out.

bump.anyone? No one flies to Kai Tak using the FMC?Manny

Manny

Never been in that part of the world; however:<>Edit the wpNAVApt.txt file to add VHKG if it is missing. If it is the same airport it is easy, just duplicate the lines of one ICAO with the new ICAO. If it isn't the same airport then I probably don't understand the question. Note that each line is a runway record. FSBuild uses it's own navdata that I have not yet formed an opinion of; it may be quite satisfactory but I'm still undecided.<If you are referring to a published procedure, then these are in the SIDSTARS files, again if it is the same airport just open the text file in PMDG/SIDSTARS and save-as with file name VHKG.txt.Having said all this, I'm not sure why the same airport has two different ICAO codes... there's a piece of information missing and I would try to figure it out before proceeding with navdata edits. Just my opinion.

Dan Downs KCRP