Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Not A Friendly Plane....

Guys, possibly we could reign in the uncivil banter and HELP Honus?Honus, as already stated by a few folks here, feel free to post any questions here, and we'll do our best to get you up and running. The only obligation is that you help yourself by seeking out as much info as you can before coming to us, that way when we do give advice you have some contextual understanding of what we're saying.You're right in that this is a game. It's a game in the sense that you aren't actually flying a real 744. But I know for a fact we have 3, possibly 4 active 744 crew members here who state that the product does a fantastic job of representing what a 744 is like to operate. So we're about as close as we can be to a simulation without sitting in a level-d simulator.So if you want a challenge, you've come to the right place! If however you genuinely DON'T want to puruse it then all I can say is sorry that it didn't meet your expectations.Look forward to hearing from you!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello Honus,many here never saw this name before. But I've been flying FS since 1990. I've been flying real planes since 1995 and I've been flying airliners since 1998. This is my carreer. Many here are the same as me. Why, because we have a passion for the whole experience. And just as it took time for me to get where I am, it also takes a little time to delve into this plane. You do it because you love it.Of course you love to "fly" only.....you're not interested in the rest.I have the feeling (and I'm sorry if I'm wrong) that you just jumped up and installed this scenery. No one pays $60 for something without looking at what it is. And a small look at even the main site will tell you that this has nothing to do with FSNavigator or POSKY or anything of that caliber.....otherwise it would be a lot cheaper. It seems as though you found this "somewhere" and installed it and then went to see what it was all about. The problem is your way of posting. First of all this is a "support forum", not a bashing forum.The problem lies in that many people here have taken a lot of time and energy to get to where they are with they're knowledge up until now. And many have also taken the time to help. The way you come in and bash without asking a specific question and critisizing a product you clearly have not taken the time to study kind of sucked.And even so, some have helped you. Please, next time. If you "buy" a product.........open the home page.XanderF/O Dash8-311F/O DC-9-32F/O MD-82and now Captain Emb-110

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Actually Honus it is a simulation not a game. If it is a flying game you were looking for them try PS2 or Xbox.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

It's a game which is a simulation of flight.Don't for a moment assume that it's going to teach you enough to pass your ATP exam, no matter how many and what addons you install.That doesn't make it less interesting, but it should bring the attitude of some people down a bit as there are indeed quite a few on these here forums who have started to think they're real airliner pilots because they have X hours in some addon.

The distinction should be made between a procedural simulation and a flight simulation.PMDG 744 is without doubt a procedural simulation of the top-shelf variety.As a flight simulation I (and most others here) are not qualified to answer (some folks are though, in this thread no less). However I'd wager that it's not a bad approximation given the inherent limitations presented by a joystick vs control yoke.Of course, we could all quit with the semantics and go FLY the blasted thing. Or is that a crazy idea... :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest Hawkeyeted

This is like watching a person find the Hope Diamond, but then toss it over thier shoulder because they wanted a cubic zurconia......

>"this IS just a game" - you are gonna make lots of people>angry with that statement here. Just as a friendly advice...>>ah yes, and about seasoned pilot - never thought about it that>way, but rather see myself as a passionate simmer (on the pmdg>level, not default aircraft level). unlike you.Don't worry Word Not Allowed, this guy is the one you see on VATSIM wanting to:A)fly his 747 around in the pattern at a Class B airportorB)fly direct GPS (with his FSNav equipped POSKY model) in his 747 from Atlanta to Birmingham with a filed atltitude of FL410Pay him no heed.

Eric 

he's just a twitty kid. i would leave him be. i wouldn't want to save something/someone that wasn't worth saving.we all know it's a top-drawer sim. he doesn't. i reckon he may lack the facility to process such a complicated plane. plus, if he just read the manual, he'd get it. what a waste of time this boy is.ANYWAY, he'd be another bad apple in the bucket if he flew VATSIM. Heaven forefend.

Ahhhh, just flew LIRF to EGKK (with an early beta of a certain upcoming add-on add-on by-the-by) and I gotta tell you, going and indulging in a few hours of your favourite housebound hobby is way more fun than forum-scrapping over someones opinion.To grossly paraphrase the Colgate toothpaste ad, people, nine out of ten dentists recommend shutting up and going flying in your fantastic 744. Isn't that why we congregate here?Honus, assuming for a second you aren't here to stir s**t, PM me if you want help. If not then ciao. This thread has become a bit poisonous for no good reason at all.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Honus:Maybe you have started the wrong way. Have you tried the PMDG-737 before going to the 747 ?. I have been flying the 737 since last April, I have spent a lot of night-time reading and re-reading the tutorials, lots of flight-testing hours...Everyday I learn one more thing about this wonderful product.Perhaps some day I will go for the 747, but not now. You need to achieve a long 737 experience before changing to The Queen (all real 747 pilots I have seen are aged 50 or more...and there is a reason for that). PMDG aircraft are doubtlessly the best ones, but they are not simple, believe me that they are not, they need time and effort to be spent...and they are worth very much the money they cost.Best regards. Jose Luis.

Guest benhoffman

I have over 1,100hrs (verifiable) on the PMDG Boeing 747-441 and consider it the best plane for the FS community (with the Level D 767-300ER and FeelThere Pilot In Command Boeing 737-300 very close behind)If you're just stirring @(*# please go somewhere else, but if not and you'd like some help using this plane, I'm sure all of the PMDG drivers - myself included - would love to help you.

Word Not Allowed referred to this as a simulation.I would say it's more of an Stimulation lol :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Loiosh

Gauges dying is a sign you have an unregistered copy of the aircraft. Contact support to receive a validated key... provided you purchased this, of course.

>A)fly his 747 around in the pattern at a Class B airport>>or>>B)fly direct GPS (with his FSNav equipped POSKY model) in his>747 from Atlanta to Birmingham with a filed atltitude of>FL410LOL!!! Just had to laugh about this... Well said! Thanks a lot for your support mate.And oh I remeber these flights just when I started using flight simulator, as a total newbie. I was always tending for something better...Thank God, PMDG and Avsim showed me the bright light! :-)