Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Not A Friendly Plane....

Jose,If you've been flying the 737 for that long you should be FINE in the 744! Come join the fun, mate! :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Jose,>>If you've been flying the 737 for that long you should be FINE>in the 744! Come join the fun, mate! :-)Hi Mark!As you said I can guess that after my 737 experience I should be very well able to fly The Queen, but I want to wait a bit and improve my 737 training.Also (lack of time) I can only make fligths of about 1 hour, and I don

Oh you can do very small hops in 747! Just take very little fuel! :-)

talk about dead on nutshell :-lol - good onemethinks the thing that irks and amazes is that coming off (great) POSKY models Honus EXPECTS to jump in and fly an intense simulation clearly advertised and talked about (A LOT!!) as such. Most at least realise - hello...this is a BIG step up.Anyway, wish you the best if legit - glad to help in any little way once you've done your reading.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Yeah, QANTAS, Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, and a few others have pretty short hops, in fact with respect to the latter two, there are numerous 1-2 hour hops in the 747-400D.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Honus,If you have not flown any other Jumbo except the POSKY freeware until now, I can see why you're a little "overwhelmed". I too transitioned from the IFDG Airbuses and POSKY Boeings to first the Ready for Pushback 747-200 - and was dedicated and patient enough to read all of its 325 or so page manual! :) I then found the PMDG 744 quite easy really except for the automated computerized portions with the FMC.You have to read the manual from beginning to end and don't skip chapters - read it in sequence. Also, there are several tutorials out there - I can name you two of them: (1) Jared "Smitty" Smith's - a very clearly explained basic operations guide and (2) Holger Seilz's advanced tutorial. There are other 3rd party tutorials also.Please don't even THINK about using any third-party program to run this SIMULATION - yes - that's right - you heard me right - the PMDG 744 is a truly REVOLUTIONARY SIMULATION in and of itself and runs fine all on its own thank-you. No FS Navigator gizmos gimmickry thing-a-ma-jigs required!... and NO FS is not a game. It is a SIMULATION. Learn the difference if you want to enjoy flying the PMDG 744.John

..............no response........maybe he is reading the manual...........:)CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall