Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Preferred SIDS/STARS question

Is there a database of preferred SIDS/STARS for each runway in the US? I have the preferred routing on my SIM PLATES database, but is there a preferred SIDS/STAR data base available somewhere? Example: If I am flying from NY KLGA to Boston KBOS & I knew ahead of time my arrival runway at Boston KBOS was going to be 27, is there a data base I could look up the preferred STAR when coming in from the west? This way I could plug it into my FMC ahead of time. Anyone know a place I could look all this up ahead of time (especially since there is no detailed ACARS modeled on the PMDG 737)?Thanks.Chris Catalano

Yeah, flightaware is always the first place you should check for US routing, doesn't get any more real than that!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In addition to Dan's comment see my reply on the AVSIM FS9 forum. We both recommended the same FAA preferred routes database but please note your Simplates preferred route did include the NORWICH STAR but the IFR plates did not. I got it from the resources section of flightaware.com.Simplates is supposed to come out with a new product. We'll have to see.

Guest benhoffman

STARs are NOT runway dependant in the United States (or most of North America for that matter)Example: Landing at Los Angeles (LAX/KLAX) you have a choice of STARs based on the direction you are arriving from.Steve and his Air New Zealand plane arriving from Auckland usually file the FICKY.LEENA ARRIVAL because that's the STAR for oceanic arrivals from the west whereas Jon and his Virgin machine would file either the HEC.CIVET ARRIAVAL or one of a number of other STARs for aicraft arriving from the eastSome STARs are also dependant on the time e.g. the REDEYE arrival into LAX is only for, you guessed it, arrivals during the noise curfew time of 11pm-7am.