Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank072

Problems with FMC

Guest Frank072

Hello guys,i have problems with the 737 / 747 FMC.When i will fly into russian Airspace, some Intersecitons have name like an airport code ( for example: turn off R11 / B211 -> ULWW ).The airways and intersections are correct in the Nav-Database, but when i type this in the FMC- Flightplan, i

Frank?There seems to be a problem with russian navaids designators being the same as some airports. Is this what you see?Hope it helps,

Guest Frank072

Hmmm.....But there is no Airport in the area of this fix.So in the Database all iss correct, the fix is correct, the airways correct, only the fmc doesn

Guest dt1951

Please sign your name in keeping with forum policy. Yes, you are right. I have the darndest time when I fly over Russian airspace with intersections that have the same name as the ICAO airport designator. The only way I can get it to work is a bit convoluted, but effective. I find the waypoint prior to the 4-letter intersection name and use that as the exit point from the current airway. I use the LEGS page and input the coordinates of the intersection as that waypoint, then use the next inetersection, do a direct to for the next waypoint that is used the as the entry to the airway again. So it goes something like this:G333 ANYPTDCT N3344.5E12345.6DCT NXTPTG432...........Its not pretty, but since the FMC will not take something like "UHHH" as an intersection, the above is a workable solution. The FMC doesn't seem to have a problem if the 4-letter intersection name is along the airway path. But does when it is the exit point from one airway and entry point to the next airway. Go figure...

Guest Frank072

Ok, thanks for your help.I hope when the PMDG Airbus has his roll out his FMS will work right;-)Frank Jessberger