Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rwilson

Runways

Guest Rwilson

All,I have the PMDG 747-400, and an FMC problem occurs.I was planning to fly from Dubai Intl to Amsterdam.When i was choosing which runway to land at, it wasn't in the list. Runway 1R was not in the List so i could not land there (which causes me to land at another runway when ATC won't give me permission to land there)This has happened to many airports. I have installed the NAV Data, but missing waypoints and runways are still an issue.Could anyone help me please?thanks,robbie

Guest nik_the_greek

Hey Robbie,Had the exact same problem. I flew EDDM to EGLL and there weren't any STARs or ILS runways in the FMC to choose. I had the new AIRAC cyrcle installed (0607 I think). The problem is exactly here!!! After installation of the new AIRAC cyrcle some of the files in the PMDGSIDSTAR folder were just gone.Dunno if someone else can confirm this to be the cause of your (and my :-)) problem? Maybe this just happend with my files...Anyways, hope I could help you a bit.CheersNik

>All,>>I have the PMDG 747-400, and an FMC problem occurs.>I was planning to fly from Dubai Intl to Amsterdam.>When i was choosing which runway to land at, it wasn't in the>list. Runway 1R was not in the List so i could not land there>(which causes me to land at another runway when ATC won't give>me permission to land there)>This has happened to many airports. I have installed the NAV>Data, but missing waypoints and runways are still an issue.>Could anyone help me please?>>thanks,>robbieHi Robbie,I'll check to see if it lists runway 1R on my FMC and get back with you. I assume runway 1R is at Amsterdam. Ken.

Robbie,I need you to give me the ICAO IDs for the airports. I'm not sure if I have the correct ones. I have Dubai International as OMDB and Amsterdam Schiphol as EHAM. I looked up the airport for Amsterdam and I see only one, but want to make sure I have it correct. If it is correct, there is no runway 1R listed in the FMC. Are you sure there's a runway 1R at Amsterdam or is it possible they have closed down runway 1R?Ken.

Hi Robbie,If Amsterdam Schiphol, with the ICAO ID of EHAM is the correct airport, they do not have a runway 1R. I just pulled up the latest airport diagram and it doesn't list it. I may have the wrong airport but I only see one that's in Amsterdam. If you'll give me the ICAO ID, I'll check my FMC and see if it lists it. Ken.

Guest hirnwut

EHAM is the correct ICAO for Amsterdam Schiphol. It has many runways but not a 1R, as far as I know and any othe airport in the Netherlands should be to small for a regular 744 landing. @lex

Guest Rwilson

sorry i was away, long story.I swear on the map, at schipol there is a runway 1R! but if i can't land there, but i go ahead of the flight, ATC will only give me 1R to land at! I can't choose anyother, it's the same with heathrow, i have to land at either 09R or 09L, so i have to risk smashing into people on the runway that i havent asked for.And yeeesss, i'm very sure that i have the correct airport. I'm gonna look at Google earth to see.

Guest Rwilson

okok, found the problem, THERE'S NO such runway! I can't believe this, i'll get a screen shot of the FS9 map to show yourobbie

Guest Rwilson

sorry for tripple posting, but i found something strange....(attachment 1) This shows the map of the airport, showing the correct code and wrong runway runway.jpg(Number 2) This shows the "1R" on the runwaydan.jpgStrange?thanksrobbie

It's not strange, it's just that things have changed in the real world since FS9 was published!When FS9 came out, EHAM only had two North-South runways, designated 01R/19L and 01L/19R.However, since then EHAM has opened a third North-South runway and has changed all of their designations.So:the old 01R/19L is now 36R/18Lthe old 01L/19R is now 36C/18Cand the new runway is 36L/18RThe latest versions of AIRAC contain runway data using the new designations, so you will have to select the new runway number when using a FMC updated with the latest data.Alternatively, you can invest in the excellent Cloud9 EHAM scenery which includes the new runway and uses the up-to-date designations.I hope that clears up any confusion.

Guest Rwilson

thanks very much!I always have trouble with new scenery when i buy them, but i'll give it a shot.I won't download AIRAC yet until the newest one comes out.robbie