Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

744F sounds issues

Hi all,Had it been reported already that there seem to be some issues with the updated sounds of the 744s, talking about the updated soundset which comes with the 744F.The crackling sounds disappeared, that's the good point.The overall sounds is a real improvement over what it was when the first 744 was released.However...Sounds in external view dont play all the time the way I think they should.The start up sounds plays only if you star engine 4 or 1 first. If for some reason you want to start engine 3 or 2 only, no sounds in external view, although the sounds in the cockpit view plays normally. No sound at all either when the engine is running.About this external startup sound, by the way, it's not really a start up sound: you just hear the engine running when it's actually running.Same goes for the shut down sounds: they play in the cockpit view, but not in external view.Has anyone already noticed this?Sorry if this had been discussed already, I havent find any thread on that subject.

Well I guess I did not expose the problem clearly enough:Engine 2 and 3 has no sound at all in external views. Am I the only one?Take the 744 of 744F the most up to date. Launch FS, the plane is parked all engines off. External view (spot view).No sounds at all, which is normal since the engines are off.Now start engine 3, or engine 2, or both. You will see the fan in motion, the engine running, visually, but not a heck of a sound.Going back to the cockpit view, and you'll hear the engines running and see on the EICAS engines 2 and 3 are running. So the question is: why do engine 2 and 3 on both 744 and 744F dont play sounds in external view?

:-) Thanks a lot Ryan, I do appreciate very much.Again I apologize, I assume from your reply that all this had been discussed before, but despite a search on the forum I couldnt find any thread related to it.I guess this is what happens when one stays away from the forum for a too long time.Regards,

Hi,Sorry to bump that thread, but thought I'd post here a question for the beta testers who are still working on the upcoming sound patch:I noticed that prior to the 744F install, the inside cockpit up/down gear sounds was nicely set, as to the volume, I mean.Now it is very, very loud, and in a word, annoying (in reality you hardly hear the sound gear, at least not that much)Was this on the '-to-do list' for the developpers?Also, and last, has finally an external APU sound been added?Would be awesome for those who like me deactivate the cockpit sounds for external view.That would make the 744s an even greater masterpiece than it is already :-)