Sign in to follow this  
Guest planeman223

PMDG 737 working hard in climb

Guest planeman223

I noticed how hard the engines are running in the last bit of the intitial climb. Even though I switched to an ititial derated climb, it seems my selection was overridden eventually resulting in a 100 percent N1 climb up to 33k. Is that normal, is there a way to keep my initial reduced climb current?Thanks Al

What is your FMC takeoff performance selection? I assume you did select takeoff performance.

Dan Downs KCRP

Assuming you programmed the FMC correctly, what modes do you use to climb? VNAV or FLCH?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest 102301636

derated climb thrust is cancelled above 15000ft to the best of my knowledge

Al,100% thrust is at 35

Guest planeman223

I am using VNAV is there an advantage to FLCHG??Is 100 percent what you guys are getting on a climb through 30k with VNAV?AL

I had the same problem only to discover that the OAT was +57 degrees C at 5,000 ft. Once that was set to a more reasonable figure it worked OK.Gerry

Guest dt1951

VNAV will use the FMC generated airspeed. When the aircraft gets to higher altitudes it will climb much more slowly, depending on your load (you should see the PMDG 744 at high loads when it comes to climbs). FLCHG will take the airpeed you have input into the MCDU and try to maintain that airspeed, if at all possible.

>loads when it comes to climbs). FLCHG will take the airpeed>you have input into the MCDU and try to maintain that>airspeed, if at all possible.Not quite correct, LVL CHG will use the speed/Mach you have set on the MCP. VNAV will fly the speeds from the FMC.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

As stated before, passing through 15,000 feet, the FMC N1 transistions into CLIMB thrust only. It is normal to see 100% N1 after 15,000 feet, just like the real 737NG. Floyd

Guest Delta07

Hi:I have been flying the 737-800 a lot last week and today and I will tell you from personal experience that climbing with a moderate fuel load and full pax load this is what I've been getting.Derated N1 climb with airport temp approx 92*F. = 92% --->15,000Climb mode = 93% and up climbing to FL360 between 1300fpm/1900fpm after Mach crossover.N1% was 101.3 at FL356I use a CI of anywhere between 55 and 130 based on the filed flight plans expected cruise speed.Anyway, as it was stated as being normal and I had no problems.Fletcher R.KIAH based

Guest planeman223

Thanks guys thats all I needed to know Ive been flying alot lately infact over 100 hours this past few weeks all pmdg737 all over the us and its nice to know I can come here if I ever have questions.Thanks Al

>I use a CI of anywhere between 55 and 130 based on the filed>flight plans expected cruise speed.I didn't think the Cost Index was modelled in the 737NG? :) Iain Smith

I thought cost index modelling was added to all four variants with the addition of the -800/-900 addon. Is that not correct?

Dave Paige

Dave,You are correct. CI modelling was introduced with the 800/900 add-on.Hope it helps,