Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

Add-On Controls - Grumman Duck

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Y'all!I'm doing some final polishing on the Grumman Duck before uploading it to the AVSIM library.From within the cockpit, I would like some form of indicator, or better yet, a switch that would bring up a quadrant where I can see where my "fuel lean/rich settingis at, not to mention prop rpms.I believe I have seen them before in the library during my searches of aircraft and scenery, but have never downloaded any.Can anybody point me in the direction of an addon that would do this?Also, the plane is flying very sweetly now, except that it still has a tendency to want to veer in a gentle left bank in manual flight. the keyboard input for aileron trim does noting.Anybody know of any way to correct this? an addition to the cfg file, etc.?Other than writing up a new "Read_me" file, and the above little things, she's just about ready to roll!Mike Kelly, Grey_Wolf, and Mark Beaumont, please check your email.Thanks!Heather

Guest Reddog

really looking forward to this plane. Hope that someone can come up with a fix for the left turn thing.As for the trim it really doesn't seem to work that well with any of the a/c. the elevator trim works probably the best but most of the time is to sensitive,the rudder trim is so so and the airleon(Probably spelled wrong)trim I haven't figured out how to stop it.Say the left wing is low and you tap the right trim to bring it up it just keeps going to the right then if you tap the left one it comes back to left but just keeps going. Also the Num5 is supposted to center them but yet to have it work.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/596406.jpgUSMC Retired

Guest Grey_Wolf

I'm looking Into It for ya Heather, just got home from work. I did not find anything obvious in the cgf file... but that was a quick look, It might be related to the gauges though.. try putting the lear rudder and aileron trim gauges on the panel, see if that works, or if their is even a reaction.RedDog #5 is to center the controll surfaces if you fly with the keys, It wont center the trims. Take a look at it from an external view with joysticks disabled.Having Funlosing hair over this but its still fun.... isn't it?

> From within the cockpit, I would like some form of indicator, or better> yet, a switch that would bring up a quadrant where I can see where my> "fuel lean/rich settingis at, not to mention prop rpms.Are you looking for the quadrant itself, or just for the icon that shows/hides the quadrant? If the latter, why don't you simply use the default "gauge" that the FS2002's default aircraft are using (see screenshot below)? It's in the simicons.cab, and you should be able to look up how it works in the default aircrafts as well (I think you need to assign a specific window ID to the throttle quadrant window).

Guest Heather 636

Thanks guys for your diligence and persistence.I modified the panel with a new quadrant. the old one was JUST the throttle, whereas the replacement is all three, throttle, fuel mixture, and prop,I've got this puppy ready to upload, so, if we can find a fix for the left veering problem, I'll upload it later as a "Fix."I'm no whiz-kid with playing with panels. Tonight was my first time messing with any of that and i was just tickled as can be that I managed to replace the throttle quadrant and it actually worked. Whoohoo!!!!Before this time tomorrow, if not earlier, we're going to have a Duck for FS2K2 by gosh!!Cheers!Heather

Guest Grey_Wolf

I tryed My own suggestions about the lear trim gauges.. that pooted out, though I do have rudder trim and that works pretty well in adressing the issue, for me at least. Back to goofing with the cfg again... aargh!I find I learn something new every day, sometimes its useful, sometimes its not.... Now if I can just figure out what the useful stuff was..going bald but,Having Fun