Sign in to follow this  
Flightstimulation

Brake Sounds

I have the PMDG Boeing 744 and the Flight 1/Dreamfleet 727. On the 727 when you use the breaks they make a groaning sound. I absolutely love it and want to have my 744 do the same. I have located the wav file for the brakes sound and am wondering if anyone knows where I can place it/rename it in the 744. Any ideas?CheersGraham

Graham,I don't think you'll hear any groaning from the breaks considering the location of the flight deck with regards to the landing gears.Cheers,

That's confirmed by our pilot testers. you barely even hear the sound of the gear touching the ground on landing let alone the braking mechanisms...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest dt1951

Graham, this is not intended to be personal. This kind of ranks up there with the engine sounds complaint. Some pilots want unrealistic "relaistic" engine sounds when there is hardly any engine sounds that get to the cockpit at times. Personally, I like a realistic cockpit, including sounds...

Having been an engineer on the 727 I can tell you I never once heard the brakes. I am the opposite and removed the sound from my DF 727. I don't think it is a simple matter to add the sound to a plane but that is beyond my area of expertise.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

>That's confirmed by our pilot testers. you barely even hear>the sound of the gear touching the ground on landing let alone>the braking mechanisms...That's true. I don't recall hearing the groaning or the braking sound in any of my 747 videos but I do hear the vibrations of the struts or vibrations of the cabin when the airplane settles onto the runway. If the landing is hard, you can really hear it. If it's smooth, the vibrations are quiter. I hear that in every 747 cockpit video and the ones I view on the internet. Is that the vibrations of the struts or the cabin I'm hearing?Ken.