Sign in to follow this  
Guest D17S

Follow-up to EGLL KLAX flight

hello jim,does the perfs on planning side move as you change aircraft engines combo ???!!!

Guest benhoffman

PhilI think it does yes.Oh BTW, I have some pilot friends for ANZ (one on the 400 and one on the 772) AND did I mention I am a Kiwi by default? See, greatly increased chances of OMC'ing :)

Guest Loiosh

Thank you, Mike.

Sorry, just saw your question, and it's a good one. Perhaps someone from the PMDG team can give us all the definitive answer?Jim Harnes

According to the JuLY/AUG edition of PC Pilot it does move all performance as well ".....engines will now be updated to provide the performance of those engines, the custom electronic displays......".This was in refernce to the 747 freighter and the associated pax retrofit.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest D17S

In another conversation, the following observation was presented, __

It's *possible*, Ben, but HIGHLY unlikely. Take it from someone who has tried and has 'connections' within the airline also. :-(Getting a jumpseat ride on the NZ domestic stuff is 'doable', more so on the turboprops. The international crews though have apparently been told that non-crew/non-staff visitors to the flight deck are a complete no-no in flight, irrespective of what license or qualifications or links with crew they hold. Try your luck towards the end of the flight by asking if you can arrange for a quick visit after landing, I understand that's your best bet. Don't get me wrong, not wanting to discourage you or anything but if you were to be let 'up front' in flight it'd be putting the flight crew at risk of internal disciplinary proceedings from what I gather.Sad era we live in eh?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

hello sam,do you too have too the fuel infos and weights infos for the 741/742 aircraft ???see you

Guest D17S

Yep. Entire flight plans. Weights, Fuel, winds . . . thoroughly tattered north pacific maps . . . the works. Fresh off the FE's desk.

any chance to have them or seeing them ...i created a profile for 744 and one for 742 7Q but alawys looking other infossee you

>Remember a bit back? Steve provided us with a full rundown on>a real flight from EGLL to KLAX? I finally got a chance to>check out the PMDG model vs the real flight. Here

Guest D17S

That might be an interesting test flight too. I am assuming that the model would respond accurately to the MSFS weather that it encountered, but you bring up an interesting question. Will it?Hummm.

>That might be an interesting test flight too. I am assuming>that the model would respond accurately to the MSFS weather>that it encountered, but you bring up an interesting question.>Will it?>>Hummm. good question for sure but dont know if we ll get the answer one day as it suppose to us to get a "real" weather into fs ...as you stated some interesting points into the as6 weather world too ... was more in flightplanning side that in flying im discovering again the weather side of fs2004.

Guest D17S

The real weather improvement need to be more accurate winds aloft modeling. FS9 only gets you one "layer." AS6 will input wind layers at 6000 foot intervals. To make it real, we need wind layers at 1000-2000 foot intervals. Without that singular detail, we cannot hope to duplicate a real world flight by actually flying it in a MSFS atmospheric environment.Spread the word.