Sign in to follow this  
Guest keeny

737 fmc HELP

Guest keeny

Please can somebody explain to me how you would input latitude and longitude waypoints into the fmc, i'm using Fsnavigator 4.7 and the fixes are given as N52*32.26',W001*47.33' okay i couldn't find the degree sign so i used the * instead.Iv'e trid always but cant do it, and its driving me mad.I have the PMDG 737 800-900. Thanks for any help. Chris.

Guest truckinflyboy

ChrisDo a search on the subject of FMC Lat Lon inputs. There are several posts addressing the subject. I can't remember exactly but I think the format is N52W47 or 52N47W. Hope this helps you

Guest keeny

Thanks larry, i'm in the process of trying a search but not having much luck or understanding, is there some kind of converter ?, by the way i'm pretty new to all this. cheers Chris.

Guest keeny

Thanks larry, i'm in the process of trying a search but not having much luck or understanding, is there some kind of converter ?, by the way i'm pretty new to all this. cheers Chris.

Guest truckinflyboy

Chris,Don't know what you mean by "converter". Go to search and use the keywords fmc,lat,lon,coordinates. you should get several hits. I know there are threads talking about entering lat,lon in the fmc.

Chris,In the B737 manual the format is:NXXXXXEXXXXXX or SXXXXXWXXXXXXFor example N39*8.00W76*35.00 would be entered as follows:N39080W076250I hope that helps.NeilYPAD

Guest keeny

Thanks Neil, i think i've managed it now, i was trying to input the seconds aswell, which i don't think you can so when just sticking to degrees and minutes it worked fine. Thanks All for your help. Chris.