Sign in to follow this  

Rotax 503 Sounds by Hennie van Rooyen....

Recently uploaded to the file library, I just wanted to note that this sound set is excellent for anyone who enjoys flying ultralights... In the spring and fall, I see them almost daily, and this sound set has captured the sound perfectly.... Great job Hennie!Here's a link to the set...:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=17544

Thanks John,If no one else does, I enjoy every moment of it[Of course I would, I'm my biggest fan:-)]. It once again puts me back in my ultralight where I belong!Regards,Hennie

Me too, Hennie :-) The Rotax sounds are the very best I have ever heard.Microlights and ultralights are the only way to fly. No punching the FMC and autopilot and letting the a/c find its own way there. I've just spent half an hour climbing to get enough height to fly through a mountain pass in Switzerland.David

Hi David,Our microlight family is growing! Thanks for the compliment.For all who've never tried it, microlight flying is the most fun you can have without being arrested - PERIOD!David, John & all interested, I've got some funny stories on my microlight flying experience which would make you laugh for sure - let me know if you want to read about them...I'll post in this same thread.Regards,Hennie

In the past, Hennie contributed a lot of outstanding stuff to improve our experience in FU3. I see now that he has begun producing work for FS2002; not only his work is first-class, but he's a prolific designer as well.Many thanks Hennie for all what you have done in FU3. I can already tell the quality of what you're gonna produce for FS2002 :) :-wave

Hi Naji,Nice to hear from you. I'm taking it slow these days and also the new stuff being created by super talented people over here keeps me rather busy - so I doubt If I'll make such a big contribition this time round.I've always wanted a proper freeware flightsim microlight and now I've got one. I'm sure that soon someone will improve it and that will surely be good news to me. I really hope we see more of these kind of creations as I get the impression that most prefer the airliners over here...As for myself, the next time I'm able to fly a real microlight I'll not be all that rusty as I can still practice engine-outs (a common thing for microlights) on a regular basis.Regards,Hennie

"Our microlight family is growing!"Sure is - and may it continue to do so for a very long time. It is THE only way to fly. Those who fly at 35,000 feet don't know what fun they are missing at 3,000 feet :-)And please publish those stories about microlight flying.Is there a mile high club for microlights - that's if a microlight can get that high :-lolDavid

>It is THE only way to fly. Those who fly at 35,000 feet >don't know what fun they are missing at 3,000 feet :-) >David That sounds very much like you're talking about bush flying, David :-lol. I have one ultralight that I fly a lot for testing when I'm working on a scenery. Slow and low, perfect for checking all the details :)

Hi David & allall,This migh bore some of you, but others might find it interesting:Many, many years ago, I bought a 2nd hand hanglider. I read every article I could find on how to fly this, as up to this point the only things I've flown were hand line model powered aircraft!Well, now armed with the proper flying info, I headed off for the nearest mine dump, as there were no hills around. After running around on top a bit with the glider, I discovered that the wind was wrong and also the dump not really suited for flying. Just before packing up (NOT a easy thing for me to do), my friend arrived with his 1300 Kawasaki motorbike and we decided that he was going to tow me into the air!!! (One of the MOST DANGEROUS things you can do in flying) Lucky for me, I could not manage to control the glider during these attempts as I for SURE!!! would have been dead today if we managed to succeed. (When you do not connect a proper towing harness to a hanglider when attempting this, what happens is as you get towed into the air and you go into a climb or into a turn, the way the rope is attached will keep on increasing the effect of this maneuver with no way of control and many have already died attempting this - I nearly became another statistic!)Well, now I WANTED to fly, so the next morning, all by myself, I loaded this thing onto the roof of my car and headed off looking for a hill of some sorts. After driving for nearly an hour, I found one, asked the farmer for permission and carried the glider to the top. At the bottom of this was a deep quarry, which did not worry me at all as I intended to be flying by the time I reach it.So, I strapped myself in and started running down this hill. Everything I've read told me to pull the bar IN, but my instincts, which wanted to get away from this hill kept on pushing it OUT!!! The quarry was approaching fast, but I by now had momentum and could no longer stop - yet I still could not fight this urge to push the bar out in stead of pulling it in! I reached this quarry, still not yet flying and plummeted down in a full and unrecoverable stall. Well, 30 seconds later I was lying with a sprained angle and a completely wrecked glider in the bottom of this thing with no one in site to give me a hand. I had to manage in this condition to get the hanglider and myself back to the car and that was the end of THAT!I later managed to fix this hanglider myself with ordinary tubing!!! and built a trike undercarriage with two chainsaw engines and lawnmower wheels and gave it another shot - what saved my life this time was that the terrain was rough and the wheels too small and the engines too under powered to gain proper flying speed!Today I have close to 700 flying hours in all sorts of microlights and am not at all reckless anymore, but I've got a background which SHOUTS!!!: If you wanna fly, YOU WANNA FLY!!!I later inspired one of my friends to buy a Quicksilver MXI single seater microlight, but after we assembled it, he got scared and stored the microlight in my shed on the plot where I then stayed. I nagged at him to sell this to me, but he wouldn