Sign in to follow this  
Guest rjsniteflyte

Air Force One

Guest rjsniteflyte

Greeting Captains,I thought I'd share my recent visit to "Air Force One" now housed in a Special hangar at The Ronald Reagan Libray in Simi Valley. California. The Boeing 707, number 27000 was accepted into the Air Force on Aug 4, 1972 after 200 hours of testing and was first used as "Air Force One" by President Nixon in February 1973.President Reagan made his first trip aboard 27000 on Feb 22, 1981 from Andrews Air Force Base to Santa Barbara. On August 29, 2001, President George W. Bush became the 7th and last President to fly 27000 (Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush, Clinton, W. Bush) and the 10th to fly the Boeing 707 as Air Force One (Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Johnson flew 26000, also a Boeing 707).Enjoy,Bob AdamsSNA

She's beautiful, there's a special place in my heart for 707s. Thanks for sharing.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest rjsniteflyte

Thanks, Jeff. Unfortunately they won't allow picture taking on board but the interior is in perfect condition. Bob

Guest matsuman

Jeff,Yeah, I've been there.....and what a great addition to the Reagan library. I live six miles from the Library (Moorpark).Kin M.(Klax)

Guest rjsniteflyte

AIR FORCE ONE PHOTOS UPDATESBob AdamsSNA

Guest Tomlin

Thanks Bob!Ronnie R was the MAN!

Guest rjsniteflyte

Eric, You are so right! Oh, just to have him here today dealing with this mess in the middel east. Got love the fact that he used to love spending so much time in the cockpit of the awsome 707BobSNA

Guest deltatango

Wow, they've preserved Ronald pretty good too! Musta had a good taxidermist...

But didn't Ron pull out from Beruit when they fired at us. They still think we cut and run on the account of it.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest rjsniteflyte

Okay, guys. We'll stick to the subject of "Air Force One" Let's all take a few minutes away from the politics.Best to all,Bob AdamsSNA