Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

747 Mins reset

Guest poschrob

hi, I've got all the latest updates installed (incl. 74F) but there just seems to be a little bug: when I press the RST button for the minimums on the EFIS nothing happens. any suggestions why?

What are you expecting will happen? The RESET button will reset the minimums call-out when reaching minimums if I recall correctly.Hope it helps,

Guest poschrob

The cockpit systems manual says:"To reset or clear the selected HA/MDAsetting, simply press the reset button in themiddle of the switch (RST)."regardsRob

"The cockpit systems manual says:"Which cockpit systems manual? As far as I know, the reset is only for resetting triggered alerts. Clearing the selected altitude can only be done by winding the knob anticlockwise until the display disappears.Cheers.Q>

Guest poschrob

07 - Cockpit overview, page 16, on top of the right column.Just take a look at the attached screenshot.regardsRob

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. If I get the opportunity, I will try this on the real aircraft in the next few days... The manual seems to be suggesting that the display is removed by pushing the RST. Can't say I've heard of this feature before.CheersQ>

Tried it today...Pushing the reset has no effect on the value displayed on the PFD. The RST seems to be only for resetting an alert.I really don't know what is meant by the statement in the manual extract.Any takers?Cheers.Q>

Guest poschrob

hi,first of all, thank you for trying it out on a REAL 747 :Dbut as I already said, on the 737NG, by pressing the RST button it simply resets the default minimum settings on the PFD.That's what confused me.thanks once again!Rob