Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sticks

Installing 738-9 w/NG and 744

Guest Sticks

Hi GangI have the 737NG and 744 installed and runing fine. My question is, if I buy the 738-9 can I simply install it or do I have to uninstall everything and re-install the 737NG + 738/9 + 744?2nd: Does the 738/9 have airstairs? I didn't see any mention of them.ThanksBill

hey bill. i asked the same question a few months ago, and i was told to basically uninstall all, and start in the preferred order of download which is:737-600/700;737-800/900;747-400 (Pax); then747-400 (F).Too much work for me and my poor old computer. I ended up not buying the -800/900.

Guest Sticks

>hey bill. i asked the same question a few months ago, and i>was told to basically uninstall all, and start in the>preferred order of download which is:>>737-600/700;>737-800/900;>747-400 (Pax); then>747-400 (F).>>Too much work for me and my poor old computer. I ended up not>buying the -800/900.>Ugg... I was hoping I wouldn't have to uninstall everything. Thanks for the reply. I've been holding off adding the 738/9 for just that reason. I'll pace the floor a bit and see where I end in the "she loves me, she loves me not" descion making. :)

Guest keiron

You dont have to install everything in order if you dont want to..i never did. If you have Installed the 744 first then copy the PMDG options DLL from the modules folder into a temporary location (as this dll is the newest version). Install the 737 then put the PMDG options DLL back into the modules folder overwriting the older version that comes with the 737. This worked for me and i took this procedure from the PMDG website FAQ.

Guest Sticks

Thanks a lot Keiron for the info. You saved me a bunch of time.Bill