Sign in to follow this  
Guest planeman223

"Check MCP Altitude"

Guest planeman223

Hello, as I was in cruise this afternoon I came to check up on my EWR-SFO 738 flight. The FMC had displayed the check mcp altitude message, so I went to my legs page and FL340 was manually entered for the next 1000 miles of legs. The autopilot was also set to 34000 so I dont understand exactly what I needed to "check" or if this is a bug.Thanks Alex

I would like to echo this, because I've also witnessed it couple of time, without any reason I think, and I never got this message before the 744F update.It also seemed to me that generally, the plane did not keep nor catch planned flight levels as well as it used to.I first thought it was due to FS screwed weather with 'real world weather' import, but it occurs also in FS standard athmosphere.Anyone else having this message?

Guest planeman223

Actually this happoned in the 737 -800 which I bought last night. I havent installed the service update because I didnt see it until I started the flight. After the flight I will install it. Maybe someone knows something about your 744...Alex

Oh sorry Alex, my bad, didnt read your post carefully enough, sorry.As of the 738 which I own as well, I never noticed that message.