Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

PMDG B744 PC Freezes !

Guest CHRISH

I have read the numerous posts on flying the excellent PMDG B744 regarding computer freezing. But having tried everything suggested on my PC I cant seem to erradicate this problem. i can usually fly for around 30-45 minutes before the system freezes and I have to re-boot. This doesnt happen with the Leel D B767.AMD 64 FX-571G OF RAMGeforce FX Video Card.Windows XP (SP2) + MSFS + MS Office + Norton Anti virus. NA V and the firewalls are disabled before flying.Average Running Temperature is 56 CI have a super turbo fan cooled system, no idea whaht it is though.We would really appreciate some help.Best Wishes and Many thanks,ChrisEGBB ~ UK

>AMD 64 FX-57>>1G OF RAM>>Geforce FX Video Card.>>Windows XP (SP2) + MSFS + MS Office + Norton Anti virus. >>NA V and the firewalls are disabled before flying.>>Average Running Temperature is 56 C>>I have a super turbo fan cooled system, no idea whaht it is>though.>>We would really appreciate some help.>>Best Wishes and Many thanks,>Chris>EGBB ~ UKThree questions. One, which video card exactly do you have? Two, how hot does your system get after those 30-40 minutes? 56 as an average is pretty warm for an A64 system. Heat would be my first guess. Three, what power supply do you have?

Guest CHRISH

Many thanks Mike, Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTx (512)System starts out (GPU Core temp) at 49 degrees C normally, I normally check this when flying PMDG B744 every five minutes to see if Heat Generation is the problem. The most it seems to get to is 56 degrees C. I have been able to fly the level D 767 for 12 Hours with no problems, so I am a little mystified.The Power supply is 400.Once again many thanks.Best Wishes,Chris

Guest planeman223

I had this problem about a month ago and let me tell you...I know how you feel. Let me give you some things to try........Take off the side panel of your pc and put a fan blowing directly into the pc.Reset your BIOS settings to default.All I can think of at the moment definetly let me know how it goes, I will check back soon and see how your coming! Alex

Guest CHRISH

Many thanks Alex, I tried both of these last night and it didnt make any difference. Just cant understand this, as I can fly the Level D B767 and the PMDG B737 for 10-12 Hours with no Problems!Best Wishes,Chris

How many back ground services and applications are running?I always use FSAutoStart to stop most services and programs before flying. It also defrags the memory. I've never had a problem since using this. Are you using this app?Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg

Hi Chris, I would assume you have done this but I found after upgrading to a 500w power supply there are no issues with lockups. Of course I do get the occasional NVIDIA flickering screen and I have a GeForce 7800GS 256mb. I've read thats a problem with NVIDIA drivers. Joe

Guest CHRISH

Many thanks John and Joe for your help which is much appreciated. I always use FS Auto start, I only have MSFS and FS applications such as Level D and PMDG B744, Norton Anti virus and MS Office on the PC.Having just upgraded to a 400 W Power supply which has made no difference, I am reluctant to upgrade again.Just cant understand why I have no probelms with Level D B767, only the PMDG B744.Once again, many thanks.Best Wishes,Chris

Guest planeman223

You say the 737 works fine? Honestly I would just fly that. I bought the 747 also thinking I would switch. After a few flights I decided its just to big and to much of a pain to taxi. I went back to my 73 and have been enjoying my simmming ever since. Plus the fact that the 73 gets much much better frame rates. If your still looking for a fix I would just to go NVIDIA.COM and make sure your graphics card driver is up to date. Stupid question but did you reinstall fs and the pmdg? Try those ill be back keep me posted.Alex

Guest CHRISH

Many thanks Alex for your continued help. Yes I have re-installed both PMDG and MSFS twice,which was a real pain in the **** !I think you maybe right about the drivers, I have been using the 78.03 drivers for some time (which seemed to be the best for quality and speed).Best Wishes,Chris

Guest planeman223

Did the driver update work? If not give me your comp. specs and I can probobly pinpoint your problem. Still want to fly the 744? Let me know.Alex

Guest CHRISH

Many thanks Alex, it looks as if it was an Nvidia Driver issue, been flying for about an Hour. Unfortunately the image quality on the 91.31's are terrible for shimmering on MSFS. The old drivers were super for image quality but not so good for the B744.Just wondering if anybody knows the best driver for MSFS for Geforce 7800 Gtx?Once again many thanks,Best Wishes,Chris