Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

747 eicas question

Guest poschrob

hi, when should I get the "center fuel tank press" eicas message? at approx. 0.9 tons (1980 lbs) both center tank press lights illuminate on the overhead panel, and the center pump indications also turn yellow on the lower eicas, but I don't get any message on the upper eicas. why? do I turn them off too early? p.s. all the updates are installed. regards, Rob

Message topic #114956 seems to refer to the same problem.Seems to be a regression in one of the updates. I'm not sure if there will be any further updates/service packs for the NG.Cheers.Q>

Guest poschrob

hi, I talk about the 747.

Sorry... Can't explain this one. In my copy, the messages and PRESS lights come on at the same time at about 0.9 tonnes.The messages and PRESS light should appear when the fuel level is so low, the pumps can't suck it from the bottom of the tank. The lights/messages are responding to fuel pump output pressure (no fuel, no pressure). The trigger point will vary depending on aircraft attitude.I can't think of anything which would prevent these messages appearing.. other than having your pumps switched off :(Perhaps you could take a screen shot of your overhead panel with the EICAS fuel synoptic in the same shot. There may be some kind of switch configuration/fuel load preventing the indication appearing.Cheers.Q>

Guest poschrob

ok, I've tried it out again.fuel status at startup:total quantity: 133200 kgs, loaded with the pmdg fuel loader tool.tank setup: all fuel pumps on except for the stab tanks.FUEL before taxi (metric units -> fuel weight in tons)MAIN 1: 13,6 MAIN 2: 38,1 CTR: 21,7 MAIN 3: 38,2 MAIN 4: 13,6now pls take a look at the attachment.FUEL when the eicas message should have appeared:MAIN 1: 12,8 MAIN 2: 37,2 CTR: 0,9 MAIN 3: 37,3 MAIN 4: 12,7everything happened as described in the AOM: fuel was used from each main tank, approx 900 kgs (~ 2000 lbs) and the override pumps were activated BUT NO EICAS MESSAGE WAS SHOWN.I really don't know what could be the reason for this. I've also got the 737NG installed (installation order also o.k, 737NG installed first), but I don't think that it has stg to do with that issue.regardsRob

Guest poschrob

same thing after re-insall.I've deleted everything (737, 747), all the folders (from appl. data/fs9 too) and re-installed the 747, the fixed universal update 1.1, and the cargo 1.01.Holger Seilz is experiencing the same thing.Other add-ons installed: lds767, nothing else.regardsRob

You may have to contact PMDG directly for this, Rob. If my aircraft is working properly and not yours, but our airplane configuration is the same, then it has to be something really obscure causing the problem.FSUIPC is the only other thing I can think of which affects the operation of the PMDG fuel system. Has there been a version change recently?Regards.Q>