Sign in to follow this  
geedub

Rwys no longer aligned in 744 Nav Display!

I'd be grateful for a bit of help with this one! I just updated my AIRAC to 0608 (for PMDG a/c and also FSNavigator) and on completing a flight NZWN-NZAA I found the arrival runways depicted on the 744 FMC Nav Display were not visually aligned with the simulator (or the FSNav) visuals. For example on landing at ILS Rwy 05R Auckland (NZAA) I found the visual scenery, FSNav, and the ILS were perfectly in sync and the precision approach went fine - but the 744's Map Nav Display was showing the runway (that is, the two small parallel white lines) about 20 degrees offset to the right. In fact probably somewhere close to the amount of magnetic variation for that part of the world, where I have flown extensively. Could this be a clue to what's out of whack here? I tried re-installing my previous AIRAC cycle and its the same. On checking several other runways in the sim (including KSEA) I found the same problem. Any ideas very welcome! Thanks in advance.

I have just installed 608 and I found the same thing with the 737NG.

I was beginning to wonder if I was going nuts here. Now I see I am not the only one having these problems. I have discovered the same symptoms with the PMDG 737NG as well as the Level-D 767. Installed 0608 earlier today. // Krister

Well I tried a second computer had the same problem, I tied to reinstall 0607 and even tried a system restore, none of this worked so I would say this will be a real problem unless a fix comes out, although with just a couple of posts here I am not counting on it.

I just sent a message to Richard Stefan at navdata describing the problem. Will have to wait and see what he thinks about it. Testing various aircraft here. I discovered the PSS Airbuses do not have this problem, at least not here at my place. // Krister

Guest pierre974

Same problem for me last night (SFO - runway 28R on the NAV display was not aligned with the correct heading - 282)... Quite annoying... Hope there will be a fix soon :(

Same problem here after the 0608 install at KABQ & KTUS. Glad I saw this thread, it saved me from figuring out what happened. I'm going back to 0607.

Dan Downs KCRP

Good luck with going back to 607 it didnt help me.

I too dropped Richard Stefan a line before my original post this afternoon (Romance Time) but he's one busy boy and as yet no reply. He's the one to shed light on this I suspect. I tried re-installing several outdated AIRAC cycles as well but curiously the problem remains. With 0605, 0607, and 0608, when lined up on 34R at KSEA for example, the PMDG 744 Map ND shows the runway vector approx due north, or 20 degrees off. I guess we just need to patient - there'll be an easy solution I expect (spelt h-o-p-e). "Patience is a minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue." ANON

Have any of you tried deleting the files found in the FMCWP folder that resides in the main FS9 folder and after deletion, then install the 0607 AIRAC to get your good data back?

Eric 

I just did exactly that and my runways are back to normal. I reloaded PIC-PMDG_0607.zip; lucky I always keep the last cycle. Anyway, I don't understand why deleting works but overwriting doesn't as long as all files are overwritten... I tried the delete-write method first so can't go any further with this little mystery.

Dan Downs KCRP

Happy to be of service...glad it worked for you all.

Eric