Sign in to follow this  
geedub

Rwys no longer aligned in 744 Nav Display!

Yes, thanks Eric - systems now normal here too. Deleting and re-installing 0607. Why didn't we try that?! So it highlights that the problem lies in the 0608 Update and Richard Stefan has announced on his NAVData - Service site that he's onto it. http://www.navdata.at/Good on you Richard! Greetings all from sunny Spain and have fun.GarethLEAL

Guest pierre974

Thanks a lot for the tip ;) Back to 0607 and waiting for a new AIRAC update...Cheers from France.

Well Richard may be busy but he's still taking very good care of us. Rev 2 of the the 0608 AIRAC is up at his site. Says in the note that it fixes the runway alignment problem. Thankyou so much Richard for all your hard work.

Dave Paige

Has anyone confirmed that the new 0608 rev2 PMDG pack is now "good to go"? Thanks for the feedback...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest pierre974

Yep !AIRAC 0608 rev.2 is cleared for takeoff :-yellow1

I am bringing this thread back to life as I have the miss aligned runway problem. After setting FMC position using GPS coordinates(747), I find my aircraft well to the left of the runway on the map. Additionally, a final approach course intersects the runway and at angle of at least 30 degrees.The solution in this thread was for FS9 as I am running FSX.Is the solution still the same for FSX? (Have any of you tried deleting the files found in the FMCWP folder that resides in the main FS9 folder and after deletion, then install the 0607 AIRAC to get your good data back?) Of course airac cycles have chnaged since the original post. What is the cause and solution for FSX? Thanks

Just setting the GPS position isn't enough if you are starting from cold and dark. You also have to align the IRSs. Those are the three knobs on the overhead panel. Set them to Off, then one right click will get them to on, then left click again to set to align. Wait for the timer that appears on the Upper EICAS to reach zero and then set the knobs to on again.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Just setting the GPS position isn't enough if you are starting from cold and dark. You also have to align the IRSs. Those are the three knobs on the overhead panel. Set them to Off, then one right click will get them to on, then left click again to set to align. Wait for the timer that appears on the Upper EICAS to reach zero and then set the knobs to on again.
I have IRS aligment set to instant. When the FMC asks for IRS Alignment, I use the cordinates provdided by the GPS. This has worked fine many times prior. This issue is new and is still baffling me.When I load an approach, the course line to the runway is offset at an angle like a LDA and at position and hold(line up and wait) the airceraft is depicted just to the side of the runway. I updated to the latest navigraph but did not help. Any other ideas.Thanks

Turn them all off, then turn them to NAV. DO NOT turn them to ALIGN. That is a different function and not the one you want for setting up your pos init from a dark and cold set up.Once all three are on and you see the countdown on the ND, enter you position in the CDU. If it chimes again and asks for position again (happens to me sometimes), just rinse and repeat and you are good to go.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Make sure you run the Flight1 tool as admin if you're using Vista or 7 - it does not work if you don't in many cases.It might also be worth going to C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX and deleting the three folders there - the sim will rebuild them next time it runs. It causes the sim to recompile its scenery cache, which can also help with magvar related problems like this. Do the Flight1 tool first, then delete the folders. I've never seen those two steps fail to fix this issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The original post is 3 1/2 yrs. old, referring to cycle 0608. Jim Dow
I am bringing this thread back to life as I have the miss aligned runway problem. After setting FMC position using GPS coordinates(747), I find my aircraft well to the left of the runway on the map. Additionally, a final approach course intersects the runway and at angle of at least 30 degrees.
@ the OP, can you take a screenshot of the FMC's NAV RAD page next time this happens?