Sign in to follow this  
Guest whisperjet4

Pls help with virtual memory

Guest whisperjet4

Hi, sorry if this thread has been posted before, but im a bit stuck.Ive been having issues with the PMDG 747 whereby my tool bar will disappear and then crash, ive read around and found it to be quite common. I sent a email to PMDG support and they emailed me repling about virtual memory, pagefile etc.Im a bit stuck about what I should set my virtual mem to....Ive got Processor scheduling set to "programs" instead of Background serviesMemory usage set to "programs" instead of system cacheI have 1 Gig RAMPaging file sizeDrive CSpace avaliable 44924MBIve got it set to System managed size Total paging file size for all drivesMinimum allowed 2 MBRecommended 1533MBCurrently allocated 1533MBSpecs: DELL XPS1 Gig Ram3.2 Ghz CPURADEON X850XT PE Thx for anyone if replies, just a bit stuck and a bit annoyed that I cant fly the 747 for a long time in FS. :(

I have the same PC (XPS 3.2GHz), memory, video... my pagefile is custom set to 1536, which is a surprise because I normally let the system manage it. Regardless, I've never had the symptom you describe on the 737NG. I know this isn't much help, but at least you know someone with the same box running PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest whisperjet4

>I have the same PC (XPS 3.2GHz), memory, video... my pagefile>is custom set to 1536, which is a surprise because I normally>let the system manage it. Regardless, I've never had the>symptom you describe on the 737NG. I know this isn't much>help, but at least you know someone with the same box running>PMDG.Thanks for the reply. Ill try it sometime and see if it works (hopefully fingerscrossed :S)(sorry if this was a double post not sure if it was or not)

Guest whisperjet4

Yeah, it did not work. I did a short flight EGLL-EHAM, the 744 just crash when I had parked up and the usual story of losing my tool bar and then crash...Thanks for the help tho :)

Try proving that it is not scenery, which causes most CDT's (crash to desktop). If you load a flight at the scene of the crash does it run okay?I run without the toolbar, full screen, but the toolbar shouldn't be the problem. I'm just comparing systems.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest whisperjet4

I went back to EHAM, where the crashed occured however I flew some patterns above EHAM and nothing really happen. I dont have many scenery installed on my computer only the freeware scenery such as Airport Environment Upgrade 7 .....etc.I tried full screen, made a nice short flight EHAM-LFPG and didnt have any problems.I thought I read somewhere that the feelthere aircraft, was in conflict with the PMDG, so therefore I uninstalled it to see what happens.I did a test flight to see if it would crash, so I loaded up with full with fuel and climbed to FL380, and left it for a couple of hours.I think it worked :D maybe hopefully think so anywayz.Thanks for the help :)

Guest whisperjet4

>I think it worked :D maybe hopefully think so anywayz.Yeah I spoke too soon, I think its the combination of using background programs like surfing the web, msn etc......... that create the crashes, but thats just my guess which could be very wrong. I saw that my GPU temperature would shoot up to 58 degrees in the minimised FS when flying the 744 however it does get hotter with games like BF2 or CSS etc.However, I don't really understand when im not flying the 744 it still crashes(lose tool bar and crash). When I delete "pmdgoptions.dll" then crashes disappear without a full unistall.Any chance of a refund lol (not expecting much :()