Sign in to follow this  
Guest D17S

Conroe / Merom

Guest D17S

If you are thinking about an upgrade soon . . . Intel's new CPU, Conroe, has been out for about a week now and it's proving to be a real monster. Here's some info that one might consider about an upgrade. For desktop, I

Guest Dennis_k

I have a E6600 and i'm very happy with it.Al games i have and games i test run smooth, very smooth.BF2 takes 15 seconds and i'm on the game.Flightsimulator loads fast, and the blurry's are gone.

Hi Dennis, I have pre-ordered the same processor (E6600), with the same motherboard. I will keep the graphics card (ATI X850XT PCIe ), until FSX and DX10 capable cards appear...Could you explain your experience FS9 and PMDG747?Thanks in advance.Miquel Egea.

Guest Dennis_k

That i can't since i don't have the queen. i just reacted on the conroe post.But i can slide every thing to the highest settings, and comparing the settings with my old computer, it loads faster. Frames are high.Panning the camera around the plane, you see some texture loading, but this is not even a second before its smooth and sharp.Runnign this game with AA at 8x and AF at 16, the frames are about 50+with full traffic, extreme dense autogen and extremly detailed airports.Without AA and AF its in the high 90+ / 100+.I don't expect any problems when other people with Core 2 Duo systems who are using addon's like the queen and addon airports.Lockon will do about 110 fps when viewing for the outside, all options on high.I have no idea about mMy frames in BF2, need to search this command and will post them later.The stock cooler on the cpu doesent make noise. It's hard to know if the computer is on, exept for the light on my case. During the day yesterday the temp started to rise in my room to about 28 deg. Celsius and the fan was speeding up, but nothing shocking.Havend got the time to post some shots yet, been installing al my other programs.The new Core 2 Duo (and the rest of my new system) have seriously lifted my gaming experiance to a very high level. My thought on this is that Intel has made a very vast processor, and if you plannign on buying / upgrading your system, the Core 2 Duo is a very smart and good option to look at.I think FSX will run smooth on this system as well.Maybe i'll post some shots tonight of FS2004 and some other games.Greetings,

>I have no idea about mMy frames in BF2, need to search this>command and will post them later.Go to the console using ` in game, then type in "renderer.drawfps 1", without the quotes. That will give you your frames in the upper left.BTW: Would you be the Dennis K from FS2004.com? If so, I didn't realize you were on here. Good to see someone else. :)

Thanks , Dennis for your explanations. Seems a powerful processor. Mine will arrive on friday (I hope).Regards.Miquel Egea.

Guest Dennis_k

yes, it is me :)The conroe is powerfull. I hope (and know ;) ) you'll like your new system.