Sign in to follow this  
Guest cx163

LEGS page does not show respective speed and altitude for waypoints

Guest cx163

Hi,I have followed the Holger's 747-400 advanced operations tutorial, the list of waypoints does not show their respective speed and altitude. Why?Thomas

Hi Thomas!Have you maybe set the weather according to this flight?I.e "Weather changes to NONE over time"....your slider.Maybe also the realism could have an influence...set according tothe Tutorial./ Leffe

Guest cx163

Hi Leffe,I have set "Weather changes to NONE over time" but still got the same problem.Thomas

Thomas,This means something is missing in the FMC for calculation of waypoint speeds and altitudes. Everything EXEC'd? All PERF data entered? Etc, etc. Check again... ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest cx163

In Holger tutorial, page 43 "PERF INIT page .... SET", it instructs us to skip the ZFW field and this is the reason why the speed/altitude was not calculated?I filled in the ZFW and the INIT REF/PERF INIT, THRUST LIM, TAKEOFF REF Page, the speed/altitude are calculated but with a small difference than the valuse shown in tutorial, is it normal?Thomas

Thomas,If the plane doesn't know how heavy it is, it can hardly calculate how high it will manage to climb right? The ZFW is one of the more important items to enter! I'm surprised that a tutorial would omit this.Small discrepancies shown on the CDU will be normal.Hope it helps,