Sign in to follow this  
Flamin_Squirrel

PMDG 747-400X Climbing Problem.

Greetings.I do hope I'm not covering old ground but this issue is annoying me so much I'm about to lob my PC out the window...No matter what I do when trying to climb at any reasonable weight, the plane goes mental, bleeps like crazy displaying max alts on the FMC (despite me being below them, and the commanded alt on the MCP being below that alt too), cuts the engines intermittently and ultimately gives up and flys the plane into the ground if I don't take manual control.I've read the manual regarding step climbs and as far as I can see I'm doing nothing that would command a climb higher than it's saying I can, but I still have this problem.Help!Jordan

Guest diajohn2

Two things come to mind. Are you overloaded on fuel? Are you using a weather program that creates the environmental problem. Try it with fixed weather and see how it works.

Jordan-Go into FSX and de-select "turbulence."Then give it a shot and see if that helps.The turbulence model in FSX is very un realistic- so we recommend you disable it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the replies chaps.I don't have any additional weather progs. I tried disabling turbulence, which produced limited success. I managed to reach FL350 but after a few mins I had problems again, although this time engines started dying. Where as before it was like the engines were surging for some unknown reason which was also combined with the VNav suddenly flashing up lower alts, then the engines picking up when it went back to the higher alt.I don't think I'm particularly overloaded - ZFW of 211 and 129 tonnes of fuel.

HI I am also having the same problem my aircraft would not climb past 26000 and cannot reach max cruise speed of .855 even with VNAV engaged if i attemped to climb ans switch back to vnav mode it refuses to climb futher and slows down until it stallscan any one help meantony barker

A MTOW 747 should make it to FL290-310 depending on conditions. Check your OAT or TAT and verify they are not unrealistic. Try a flight with all weather cleared just too make sure this is not an issue.

Dan Downs KCRP