Sign in to follow this  
wills42

can't load 737 NG because of panels.dll crash

Hi, I've been flying the NG since the day it came out and have never had a problem with it until today. Now for some reason every time I try to load the 737 my flightsim crashes and the error is caused by "panels.dll". The only thing I can think of that I've changed lately is updating the fsuipc to version 3.7. I did a forum search for this error and most of the posts were over a year old. Any Ideas?Thanks,Will

To add to my original post and to bump this since it's falling down the list fast.... The panels.dll problem is not occuring on the 600 and 700 series but only on the 800/900 series. It's also not happening to the 747 or 747F. Will

Hi Will,one question - dont you have by any chance installed Jeppessen Simcharts? Because I had, and this product also copies a dll to the modules folder (i think it was simview.dll, Im not sure though) and this dll is therefore loaded with the start of the sim. Then I experienced the same error as you do, and it was strange, problems didnt start immediately after installation, but after some time. Removing the dll helped. Anyways, you might want to check it, if this is not the case, some other dll may be interfering with the PMDG 737.

Hi Michal, Thanks for the reply. No, I don't have the simcharts. I guess I'll try to go back to the earlier version of fsuipc and see what happens. I don't understand why it only happens with the 800/900 series of the 737 and nothing else... maybe someone from PMDG will shed some light on it.Will

went back to fsuipc 3.65 and FS still crashes when I try to load the 737-800/900. I guess I'm going to have to fly something else for a while until I get this sorted out.Will

good grief, this post fell to page 2 already without any reply from PMDG. I've still not figured out why the 737-800/900 causes my flightsim to crash with a panels.dll fault so here is another question for PMDG. Can I reinstall it without having to also reinstall the 747 and 747F afterwards?Will

Will,If you make a backup of your PMDGOptions.dll in the Modules folder you can reinstall the NG and then restore the backed up PMDGOPtions.dll.You could try to do an advanced search using the above mentioned keywords for additional information as it has been mentioned before.Hope it helps,

Thanks Mats, I did as you suggested and then reinstalled the 800/900. I'm not sure I still understand what the problem was but the reinstall seems to have corrected it. Just finished a quick one hour flight with the 737-800. I also did as you suggested about doing an advanced search with pmdgoptions.dll as a keyword and after reading through numerous posts they all seem to be about the 747 so, not sure what information I was supposed to get there. I haven't tried a flight with the 747 or 747F yet so hopefully they are not broken in my attempts to fix the 737.Will