Sign in to follow this  
Guest mia

NG737 COST INDEX

Guest mia

Hi all!I want to know which is the correct Cost Index for the NG737-600/7/8/9?.Thanx in advanceSantiago :)

Well the PMDG cost index doesnt actually have any affect on the plane. I've heard in real life its usually between 80 and 100.

Pipersam,Please sign your posts with your real name as per the forum rules.Et al,The cost index are indeed modelled in the Boeing 737 800/900 series. The Cost Index (CI) can be set between 0 and 500 for the NG. There is no right nor wrong setting of the CI as it is airline dependant. I know Scandinavian Airlines used 36 a couple of years ago. What value a company will use depends on fuel costs, maintenance costs and costs of crew wages.Hope it helps

Yep cost index is modelled in the PMDG 737 if you have the -800/-900 upgrade installed. By way of real world info Southwest Airlines uses a cost index if 36 for their 737-700s.

Dave Paige

Guest mia

Thanx a lot for your answers.And apart of that, I really want to know what does the Cost Index mean?. For example the number 36.Thanx again :)RegardsSantiago

Santiago,It's just a number from the flight engineering office. The lower the value the more the company values fuel costs (or range) i.e. the flights will be slower, but will cost more in crew wages as they are in the air longer. With a higher CI you will get wherever you're getting faster, but at the cost of fuel and engine wear and tear. The bright side is that you don't need to pay as much salary to those overpaid crews! ;-) The way to calculate it is basically to divide all speed related costs with all time related costs. You may also do an advanced search for this on the forum. Should give you quite a lot to read me suspects.Hope it helps,

I always use a CI of 99.(No calculation behind that number): It's almost 100 and it's very easy to type !!!Jose Luis