Sign in to follow this  

FS taxiway lights...?

hi all,i have GeForce 2 MX400 graphics adapter and an AMD XP 1800+. i am running FS2002 on WIN XP.earlier i was running the sim on a totally different computer (win98, TNT2) and had no problem with the graphics. well, except for the frame rates LOL...now i have the problem that it is impossible to see the taxiway edge lights at night. after i land i don

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

I have a GeForce II and I can barely make out the taxiway lights at night as well. My framerates look good and generally everything else works fine, it is just hard as heck to see those little blue lights.GD

a bit O/T maybe,but this rises another question:do you know any default airport in FS2K2 that has taxiway center lights (green ones).I only noticed KATL does

i just read in another post that someone mentioned taxiway center lights at seattle tacoma and ONLY there...Denis

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

No, KATL has them definitely, and if I remember correctly, KJFK, KDEN, KORD and I'm sure some others I forgot about. Not sure how MS decided who has 'em and who doesn't, but it's definitely more than just KSEA.Hope this helps...Best,

Hey You Guys:Sometime back there was a fix to this problem posted in the forums. Basically, and quite simply, all you have to do is change the "Y" variable under the "DEFAULT VIEW" section of the plane's panel.cfg file. Look for this file in the panel folder of the aircraft you want to fly (I've edited all of my airliner panels) and use NOTEBOOK or WORDPAD to open the file. Scroll down to the bottom of the text that you see to find "DEFAULT VIEW." You'll see something like this:(Default View)X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=2500Change the SIZE_Y parameter to a higher number (I use roughly double the default number, say SIZE_Y=5612). I've had no problems seeing taxiway or runway lighting ever since. Hope this helps!Alex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

you're not talking about the green centerline lights I guess?

Hmmm... that works but it also puts the seat so low I have to hit shift/enter twice to get back to a normal view out the cockpit window.

Guest Scott Campbell

Alex,That doesn't fix the problem. All it does is stretch the view window to the bottom of the screen so all you see is sky over the panel. It also messes up the perspective.I have to use either VC or external view mode, or turn off the panel, which also stretches the view to the bottom of the screen.(additional)Also, since there is no lighting on the ramps at night, being on the ground at night is pretty much uesless. We already know landing lights do nothing.

Hmmm.....Well, it may be a combination of the stretched view and the enhanced runway lighting from FSW, but you're right, I'm referring to just making the overly-dark FS2002 world a bit brighter at night, not the green taxiway lighting. And I thing Boston Logan has those as well. Sorry to mislead you guys there, let me see if I can grab a screen-shot from a default airliner to show you what I mean.Alex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Ok, here's a screenshot from the cockpit of one of my A340's at KMSP, I believe. Boy that sure looks darker on the forum than it does on my machine....nevermind!!! LOL....Alex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

Guest Scott Campbell

Alex,Those aren't the crappy invisible dark dark blue dots I, and I'm sure everyone else, have. How do you change them to green?

green?? it may have to be clarified that this discussion is about the BLUE TAXIWAY EDGE lights, and NOT the green taxiway center lights. i hope someone has had that problem before and found a solution, cuz it takes all the fun away if you can

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest Scott Campbell

Denis,Look carefully at Alex's picture. Those are green taxiway edge lights - not center lights of which there is only one line.