Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

737NF - 747-400: different programming-technique

Hi,A few questions about the PMDG aircrafts - hope to get some answers:(1)I have 737NG and find the aircraft fantastic! The 747-400 should be even more spectacular. Have the PMDG group used some other programming techniques to create the "Queen of the Skies"?(2)I consider to buy the 747-400 but the FSX is "just around the corner". Should I wait or will the 747 function in FSX?(3)What about my old 737NG - will it function in FSX?Best RegardsLars - DKBest RegardsLars

>I have 737NG and find the aircraft fantastic! The 747-400>should be even more spectacular. Have the PMDG group used some>other programming techniques to create the "Queen of the>Skies"?What "other" techniques you have exactly in mind? The Queen has different and more efficient "gauge" code, there are also other differences but not something you would immediately notice. In short the Queen has a bit more up to-date software.>I consider to buy the 747-400 but the FSX is "just around the>corner". Should I wait or will the 747 function in FSX?747 will function in FSX but you will need a patch. From my understanding this won't be a free patch.>What about my old 737NG - will it function in FSX?>I don't think so. PMDG plans to completely replace the 737NG for FSX - totally replace the product - you will have to pay the full price.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest snyperAL

the 747-400's are both worth the coin, each one is a thing of beauty, a complex and joyful aircraft.Alan M

Thanks for your answers. Right now I'm trying to learn how to fly the PMDG 737NG, and its a challenge by itself. I've juste ordered Mike Rays book about the Boeing 700's. So maybe there is hope...;-)Regarding the 747-400 I think i'll wait until I have the new FSX.Best RegardsLars