Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

FSX Demo Download - Today

Guest drv4truk

If you want to check compatibility, you can always try and install your favorite payware aircraft into the FS X demo. I have a few aircraft already that I know will work and a couple that will not. Kris Goodrich

Hi all,I just downloaded the FS10 Demo from microsoft.com. It took about 40 to 45 minutes to download the 636Mb, even though I'm using broadband. I don't know if any of are having this problem but after I installed the demo and loaded the program, the scenery is all jagged up, there's no runway or anything, and I can't see where I'm at. I have a very fast video card. Are any of you having this problem? So far, I haven't heard any complaints but it's sure not performing at all on my PC. I don't understand what the deal is and how can anyone test it out if the scenery is not going to work right. It does this in all views. Surely the release version won't perform like this.Ken.

Guest Foizman

Is the 747-400 included in FSX the PMDG one?regards,Volker

Guest Foizman

I thought FSX runs only under VISTA not on XP.regards,Volker

Guest Loiosh

DX10 (not released) FSX (not released). Regular FSX, the version coming in a box, will work fine on XP SP2.Then a compatibility patch will be provided later after DX10 launches (Vista only) for FSX DX10 (Vista only).

Guest snyperAL

Gotta say i am quite impressed with demo, xp pro sp 2. A lot of people are having trouble running it at max which i think is to be expected. MS always seem to have very low minimum specs, but when you ramp up the graphics.. wow its georgeous, this simulation is definately going to take things a step further.AL

Guest drv4truk

Well, the B1900C works ok with a few fixes and adding the extra views (tail, wing, gear) makes for a more interesting flight. I wonder if PMDG will offer a free update or if we will have to rely on user mods. I have yet to test the other PMDG aircraft. The demo b744 doesn't look too bad if you know how to get it to work. Kris Goodrich

Hi all,This is what's happening when I load the Flight Simulator X Demo. Have any of you had this problem? I've tried different settings but still doesn't perform. Does anyone know what's causing it?Ken.

Guest snyperAL

That does not look good.latest gfx drivers? other than that i have no clue!AL

>That does not look good.>>latest gfx drivers? other than that i have no clue!>>ALThanks Al,That's what it was. I thought I had the lastest drivers but I didn't.But I'm still having a problem with the Bomboudier. When I load that aircraft, I can't see out the windows. It sometimes comes up for a split second and then it blanks out. The link below shows what it looks like. Have any of you had this problem and what could be causing it?Ken.

>If you want to check compatibility, you can always try and>install your favorite payware aircraft into the FS X demo. I>have a few aircraft already that I know will work and a couple>that will not. >>Kris GoodrichSince there is no Aircraft Folder as in FS9, I believe the correct directory to install aircraft files is SimObjects/Airplanes. Is this the directory you're installing your payware aircrafts? I've tried it with the Boeing 380 and seems to work. But I want to be sure this is going to be the correct directory for FSX. Ken.

Guest drv4truk

Yep, the SimObjects folder is correct. If you install a panel, you should also be able to get the FS X B744 to work. :-) Take a quick look at some of the other aircraft.cfg files. You may want to play around with the CameraDefinition.0 sections so you can add the new views to your aircraft. I'm not sure if it works or not, but worth a try. Also, most of the gauges don't work. I'd say try putting all of the B19 Gauges in a .cab file within the panel folder like the rest of the FSX aircraft. Kris Goodrich

Hi all,I still haven't heard if anyone is having this issure or not. When I load the bombardier in FSX, I can't see outside the windows in the cockpit view. What is causing this problem?

Guest drv4truk

I noticed that as well. You should be able to adjust the view as in FS9, and the keys are assigned for it. Yet, I still haven't gotten it to work in the FSX aircraft.Kris Goodrich

Guest navneet_cxp

I have downloaded and installed FSX on my system....theres too much eye candy and i'm barly getting 8 fps on it with medium setting(globally).And that too with just the glider.Maybe the Microsoft team will work on the frames in the released version.-NavneetFS 2004 Version 9.1AMD Athlon 64 3000+ASUS 7800GTX 256MB PCIExpressMSI nVidia nForce4 Neo 3 Motherboard1GB DDR400(PC3200) Kingston RAMWestern Digital 30 GB (7200 rpm)Seagate Barracuda 120 GB (7200 rpm)Sony DVDRW - 16XHP CD12 CDRW - 12XSamsung SyncMaster 740N LCD 17'PanelCreative Sound Blaster Audigy 4Creative Inspire 5.1 5200Windows XP SP2Logitech Extreme 3D PROLogitech Cordless Optical Mousehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg-|http://www.precisionmanuals.com|-