Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sticks

Just a quick FSX question

Guest Sticks

PMDG will be redoing the 737NG for FSX if I read that correctly and so I was curious if the layout of the VC will be reworked aswell. In this I mean will the placement of the eyepoint be more forward toward the correct seating position of the side windows. Currently we all kind of sit to far back and up against the rear cp window (somewhat) due to the way the VC graphics are done giving it more of a 2D feel. This is by no means critisim. Perspective and depth ain't easy to recreate. :)So I was wondering if the 737 and MD-11 (which is a very wide cp) VC in FSX will be more 3D? I noticed in the FSX demo, the CRJ VC has some nice depth/persective and the L/R seating position appears to be correct in relation to the side windows.Just curious :)Sticks

You can easily edit the eyepoint position, I made a few entries so that I could select left or right seat, cabin etc...

Alaister Kay

Guest Sticks

I've set the eyepoint and I try to keep zoom as close to 1.0 as possible, but generally it's approx: 96. I'm referring more in terms of the "up-against the side of the cockpit in VC feeling" while aligned properly with the seat. The side windows are linear rather angled outward to some degree to match the contour of the a.c. The pilots sit abeam the forward window, not the back side window. it's kind of difficult to explain what I'm trying to point out here. :-)

I see, I kinda get what you mean :) although its been a while since I've flown the 737

Alaister Kay

Guest chuckburmester

download "F1 View" then you can move your eyepoint up, down, sideways and forward and back very easilyHope this is of some helpChuck Burmester

There's lots of new camera stuff coming up with FSX, if I can judge from what the demo shows.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

The new camera features will make flying the detailed cockpits an excellent experience, just having pre-defined views will be great :D Im so looking forward to what you guys can do with FSX

Alaister Kay

Guest Sticks

Thx Chcuk, I have all the 3 axis mobility in the VC, ie: Active Camera and the default adjustments etc. The angle and perhaps the size of the windows are out of proportion/perspective. Just doesn't appear right to what I've been used to in the real thing. :)Considering what PMDG puts out this minor detail is hardly measureable. :-)

Guest Sticks

I agree 100% Al. FSX VC shows tremendous promise and has all the earmarks of being a huge leap forward. I'm actually stunned by how sweet even the FSX demo plain yellow envelope VC turned out. The CRJ's VC looks great even though the cockpit lighting still needs more work. But hey, that's not a jab. As a side note; Having most of my graphics max'd out and the sim running smooth as silk, I noticed random and intermittant wingtip vortices during hard turns, rain soaked runway/taxiways (nice glassy reflections and really looked wet), flight charactoristiscs (trimming the a/c actually holds in FSX), cloud reflections on the waters surfure and if I'm not mistaken, I think I saw coral a few feet beneath surface (in 3D: surface and bottom moved at different speeds while flying over the water) near the beaches of TNCM. And this is just a demo! :)While the above is eye-candy I can't wait to see PMDG push the enevelope with FSX. And imagining what their a/c will be like once DX10 cards are released is just to stressful. :)SticksASUS P5WD2-E PREMIUM 975X 1066/800 FSBINTEL 950 3.4G 775 2x2M Dual Channel1Gx2 CORSAIR 800 MHz TWIN2X2048-6400ICEBERG DDR-A1C RAM HEATESINKARCTIC Freezer ProATI X1800XT 512M