Sign in to follow this  
HH

Powerful and Silent 744F

HiI just completed my first flight with the 744F. The model was Singapore Airlines Cargo, which uses the PW4062 engines. I noticed a few differences from the 744 in performance, which I found rather strange.1) The aircraft was fully loaded to just under the MTOW (TOW was 871.519lbs). In spite of that I hardly needed to touch the throttles before the plane was racing down the taxiway as if it was empty; it really felt like it was empty. This didn't seem to be the case with the 744. So I figured that either there was a strange bug or the PW4062 engines are hella powerful. Personally I don't believe them to be as powerful as I experienced them. I had to use the brakes a lot more than I usually need to. Any thoughts on this?2) These super powerful PW4062 engines were also suprisingly silent. I believe the had a little sound. But again either the 744 is super noisy or the 744F comes with some sort of super sound reducing insulation in the cabin and flight deck. A bug? Or is there a value I should adjust in some cfg-file? Please not the overall sound... then my other aircraft will become the super noisy fleet from ####, hehe.I hope you guys can help me a bit here :)Cheers,

Hakim,Just in order to try to help, I've just loaded the Singapore 744F in FS with max take-off weight and took off too see if it behave as you describe. Not. On the contrary, my end, it is so heavy I could hardly rotate above 160 knots, and the acceleration is very slow, as it should be.So there might be something wrong with your set up.Just on a side note about the beauty of PMDG 744s: you can 'see' how heavily loaded the plane is, in spot view, seeing how the edge of the wings look loaded, it's curved to the ground, as on the real bird.When the aircraft is light, those same wings edge are just showing normal. But that was off-topic !Best,

Yup, I know about the wings and they were endeed loaded.http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4263/sia01tt9.jpgAnother thing I wondered about was that I could not get the lower lobe loader to show up. Nor could I open the main door but I'm not sure if this is modelled in the 744F.http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5694/sia02kl9.jpgSo I'm actually up to 3 problems now.1) Taxiing a full aircraft feels like it is empty.2) Extremely quiet PW4062 engines.3) No lower lobe loaders.I don't know what should be wrong with my setup. Every other aircraft I have, taxi as they should. They also have engines I can hear.It's pretty strange :(EDIT: Oh btw... The aircraft load was set to full. Config was this:Pax WT: 2160Cargo WT: 268290ZFW: 634976TOW: 871519Fuel: 236543For this aircraft MZFW is 635000 and MTOW is 875000. These meassures are of course in LBS.

Heh, nice screenies Hakim :-) What do you mean by lower lobe loaders? the lower deck ones?I am unsure of what you're meaning, but if you're talking about those, the right cargo doors need to be open first before you can have the loaders showing up.The 747s doors assignements are a bit tricky, since according to which key you assign to them, you might overwrite an entry that you had set for the 744pax, or the other way round, in which case some keys seem not to be working while in fact it's because a particular key is already assigned for the other model (744 of 744F).About taxiing, again I dont know. The SIA 744F I did taxi before my test was awfully heavy on the contrary, I had to give extra thrust all the way down to the runway in order to keep it rolling.And about the quiet engines, I cant confirm this either. Are you talking about the sounds in external view, or from the cockpit?

Yes. Lower lobe loaders = lower deck.As you can see the aft left cargo door is open. In the keyboard assignment menu you only get to assign two keys or key combinations for opening the doors. These are called "Cargo Nose" and "Cargo Side". I'd expect the forward right, aft right, and aft left to open upon pressing the "Cargo Side" key(s). Only the aft left opened.About the sounds. This problem is both external and internal.

Well it's because you havent set an available keyboard shortcut to these right cargo doors.Do it using the PMDG options menu, and it should work just fine. However, as I said, make sure you dont assign a key twice, otherwise one will erase the other one (caution use different keys for 744 and 744F)I have all doors opening and loader showing up, but I assigned the keyboard shortcuts myself in that menu.Hope this helps.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hakim:Just a wild guess, but did you load the aircraft using the FS Fuel and Payload menu, or the PMDG Load Manager/PMDG menu item?Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

the engines are silent because thats the way it is in real life when sitting in the flight deck