Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agun13

MD-11

Guest Agun13

Hi there one and all, I am hoping but I am quite sure that they will not include into the MD-11 is a weather radar. Seems like all the new packages nowadays that are comming out for FS2004 includes a weather radar which takes their realism one step up from PMDG!!! Although is it not accurate but I was just hoping that they will include it in as they have conviently skipped it for the B747-400F after some requests for it probably also to rush it out as soon as possible too before more and more requests like (different cockpit configurations, etc come up) but I hope this time it is being intergerated in. After all for those who say that it will destroy the realism, the thing can be turned off if you do not wish to fly with it in the first place. After seeing that PMDG has finally decided to develop the AIRBUS(after several long forums on why they were skipping doing one) I am sure that they can change their thinking sometimes also. Also do not hold your breath too long too as PMDG might still release the MD-11 before the release of FS10 like what happened to some of their previous releases where there was little word on the development for some time then suddenly the next day it was out! BEst regards,Alex Gunawan

I'm not an expert at this subject but as far as i know the wx radar gives an idea to the pilots what's inside of clouds (rain, hail or nothing). So they can decide whether to fly through in that cloud or maneuver around it. Since we don't have that type of weather modelling in FS i don't see a point to having a wx radar in simulation. So, currently modelled wx radars in FS ( i tried 2 of them ) is not just useless but they are also eating up fps and bumping up the package price.And for the release date part, I for one to see MD-11 for FS9 even it's out after than FSX release because I don't have a fancy rig or re$ources to buy one to run both fsx and any pmdg airliner smoothly. So I'll stick with my FS9 setup for some time. It's not a good time for upgrade either. (DX10 and Vista on their way and new Core 2 Duo is just too expensive because of new release. Humm we better wait..)Edit: Typos.

WX radars in FS are totaly useless gimmicks. Whats the point? They are an innacurate representation of an innacurate weather simulation. Why waste time on that?