Sign in to follow this  
Guest gabbag17

Most realistic airport scenary add-ons.

Guest gabbag17

HiPlease don't flame me for posting this in the support forum when I know it is not a PMDG specific issue. I have been flying the PMDG queen of the skies for a few months now and have recently upgraded my machine. I have bought various add-ons for weather and atc etc, but I have no idea what are considered the best airport scenary add-ons. I would really like to enhance my 744 flying experience by getting one or more quality packages. I was wandering what other PMDG flyers use and what they would recommend. I would particularly like to have egll, kjfk, klax and ksfo.Many thanksGiles

A no brainer: www.flytampa.comTheir KSFO is a masterpiece. FlyTampa is well known for building the most outstanding sceneries with no fps loss(often better framerates than MS default sceneries!). An achievement.Check out their free ware Boston-Logan, available at Avsim. Search for George Grimshaw.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Giles,i have the complete set of Just Flight's British Airports - EGLL seems well presented to me plus all of the other UK airports.

>Giles,>>i have the complete set of Just Flight's British Airports ->EGLL seems well presented to me plus all of the other UK>airports.For the EGLL-scenery go to http://www.uk2000scenery.com/index.html.From the UK2000 site :"Heathrow Pro will also get converted to Xtreme but this one is different as it will be total remake and due early 2007. "

I have SimFlyers KJFK - no problems and Cloud9 for KLAX - also no major issue. In fact, the only scenery I have had an issue with is Imagine Sim KEWR - and that is only on the 747's - no problem with the B1900's or the 737's.

>I have SimFlyers KJFK - no problems and Cloud9 for KLAX ->also no major issue. Last time I tried SimFlyers KJFK I as happy with two frame per seconds... SimFlyers sceneries are definitely fps exterminators. Maybe the reasons why they finally closed up shop :-hmmm

I have SimFlyers KLAS & KMCO. The frame rate problem went away when I turned off a few features that weren't important, like trees and fences. KLAS is beautiful. Also like FlyTampa products very much such as KSAN.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

-EDDF Frankfurt/Main by www.aerosoft.com ,very detailed scenery but fps intensive and no jet-dock or other goodies-Nearly every major airport of Japan has been done by Overland, the sceneries look very impressive (although no jet-dock here either) and can be bought at www.simmarket.com-Paris Charles de Gaulle, also a good reproduction of a major european Airport, downloadable at www.simmarket.comThese are the best payware airport sceneries I know (except the ones mentioned before). Although some of them are almost a year old, they are still a state of the art for FS2004 and the best reproductions(to my mind) of their real counterparts for the sim.

Mega Scenery Frankfurt - Fantastic airport but just a bit too much on the poor old hardware when combined with the 747. Not the cheapest either. If you fly less FPS intensive aircraft in there it's not bad though.FlyTampa Boston v2 - AWESOME, barely any framerate loss and a great intro to what Flytampa can do, I for one am purchasing KSFO and possibly Vienna too, solely on the strength of this freeware offering.ISD group LIRF (Rome) - Also a fantastic scenery with minimal FPS hit, they have also done a number of other Italian airports worth a look. And it's free!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Bremen (EDDW) Germany. By Oliver Pabst:1.- Moving jetways with automatic detection of type of aircraft.2.- Active marshallers for correct docking.3.- Active follow-me cars that will guide you to your assigned gate.4.- Active departure panel at the gate with departure time.6.- Active catering trucks that you can call or not7.- Active fuel truck for your plane8.- Active runway guard lights (red if other aircraft is in short final)All this freeware !!Jose Luis.

Guest gabbag17

Thanks very much for everyone's replies. Lots for me to look into!I downloaded uk2000's Heathrow Pro demo last night and found that I couldn't get the jetway at Stand 410 to move all the way up to the PMDG 744. It was quite a large distance from the aircraft. Has any one else had problems with this and if so do they know of a work around.Many thanksGiles

>Thanks very much for everyone's replies. Lots for me to look>into!>>I downloaded uk2000's Heathrow Pro demo last night and found>that I couldn't get the jetway at Stand 410 to move all the>way up to the PMDG 744. It was quite a large distance from>the aircraft. Has any one else had problems with this and if>so do they know of a work around.>>Many thanks>>GilesCan't really help you as i don't use the jetways.But i'm sure on the forum of UK2000 they can help you : http://www.fsnordic.net/discussion/index.php?board=32

Guest abulaafia

Since you like KLAX and KSFO you might want to cross the big water and fly to Japan. Overland's Japanese airports are by far the best sceneries out there. Nothing developed in the West even comes close in terms of detail, realism and framerates (well maybe aerosoft, but to my knowledge there is not a single US airport availabe that matches Overland's quality - and I think I've bought them all so far). http://www.overland.co.jp/english/Volume 3 is just out with an absolutely fantastic RJBB Kansai, modelled down to the plastic chairs in the waiting area. http://www.overland.co.jp/english/sms/airport3.html

Guest TAN

www.flytampa.comThe Vienna and the Dubai scenery is by far the best I have ever seen on FS9.Good luckC

As far as improving the general look of FS2004, I think the Ultimate Terrain series and the FS Genesis mesh and landclass are the two best things to get...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com