Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

OT - missing FS config file - not what you think

Guest AJ

I tried posting this on the main board, but got no response so I thought I would give it a shot here. I had not noticed this until I decided to install some third party liveries, but I noticed that my FS9.confg file is not where it should be (i.e. in the C:/Documents and Settings/user name/Application Data folder. In fact, there is no Application Data folder at all. This is a brand new machine with Windows XP media edition. My FS2004 is patched to version 9.1. FS2004 runs just fine, so the fiel must be somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it. I looked in the FS9 folder as well. Any ideas?ThanksAndrew

Guest SAS449

Seems as if your XP isn't installed correctly. Run installation again and use repair option. There might be more missing than just the application data folder, otherwise it would be easier to create it and reinstall FS, but as said, there may be more essentials missing.

Guest AJ

This is a store-bought computer (Gateway) that had XP already installed. It seems unlikely that it was installed improperly. Before i tried reinstalling Windows, I would reinstall FS2004. Before doing that, however, I just wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this problem, first.Andrew

Guest mrm0508

The application data folder is normally hidden. If this is a new computer and you haven't changed your folder options (tools->folder options->view (radio button "show hidden files and folders", you won't see it. You'll know this is the case if you cannot see your cookies or local settings folders in "C:Documents and Settings%User%" directory. Hope that solves it.EDIT FOR SPELLING :)Mike Murphy

Guest AJ

Found it. Thank you very much.Andrew