Sign in to follow this  
Guest martolod

747-400 crt and autopilot problems

Guest martolod

Good daySorry for my poor English After a complete reinstallation due to a HD crash, I get some strange problems with the 747-400 and 747-400F.After about 1 hour flying the 3 crt become black.In the same time the auto pilot stop working and the airplane drift slowly .and the plane becomes crazy.For example if I want to come to the right the plane sometimes goes left, and never stops on the select heading.In manual mode it is possible to control the airplane but it is impossible to make it flying in auto pilot mode again.If I change aircraft and come back to the 747 ,everything seem to be in good condition and autopilot is working again .I only change my sata HD for an ide HDASUS P4P8001G ramIntel P4 2.86600GTXpantivirus firewall off , but computer not connect to the net during fly I check the memory with Memtest and I reverse the position of the barrette Many thanks for your helpJean Yves

Guest martolod

Hi !News informationsI continue testing the 747 for the above problems.If I leave flight simulator when the problem happen and go to the desktop and come back to flight simulator I find the crt and autopilot working again .30 minutes after same problem and same solution

Guest martolod

Good dayHere some news informationsThese problem happen 60mm after I switch on the computer and come back every 60mm. The display of the 3 crts freeze, and if I change view and return to the 2d panel view the crts becomes black .In the same time the auto pilot don

A strange one Jean. Have you tried a PMDG 747 reinstall?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest martolod

hi steve!Yes I doI reinstall windows and the PMDG 747 2 times Before the crash of the sata hard disk the PMDG 747 work very well!!I really don't understand ,cheersJean yves

Are you sure PMDG uninstalled completely before you reinstalled or did you install over the top? Did you reinstall FS9 too?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest martolod

YesThe first time I use a new IDE hard disk and install xp , FS ,PMDG 737 series , PMDG 747 400 & 400F .THe second time I do the same after formatting the hard Disk .For your information i install nothing more at first , after few days i start install some news airplanes and sceneries.cheersJean Yves

Guest fruitfly

Hi!I was browsing the forum to see if someone has reported the problem I have started to have when I found your (old) post.I wonder if you managed to sort it out?So far the only way I can avoid (most of the times, but not all the time)this blackout is by doing the following; once you're at cruising altitude and on autopilot, switch to 2D, click on all 3 CRTs so they pop out and turn off the rest of the 2D by using shift+1. Stretch the sky all the way down. This way the chances are it won't blackout.Once you start your descent and switch to VC..... well...keep your fingers crossed.Of course, this "solution" sucks, so, if anyone has an idea what could be done...http://www.americanpatrol.com/_icons/BS_No.gif