Sign in to follow this  
Guest SilverCircle

Speculation regarding FSX, FS9 etc....

Thanks for the update Robert. Hopefully this will stop the never ending posts.BTW: How's the baby? Born yet, or still on his/her way?EDIT: Thanks for all your hard work and patience.

Guest RobertK

Robert, thanks for this post, but just to be sure I understood it correctly:The MD11 will have two versions, one for FS9, one for FSX and I will have to decide which one to get if I want to buy it?The current NG series will stay limited to FS9, but there will be a completely new NG product for FSX (which will have to be bought separately)?I would ask if this means a new 747 product which needs to be bought or if there will be a free patch somewhere down the line, but you already said you can't give details on that... :)Hopefully this is not asking for any specific details, I just want to make sure I understood what you said correctly. :)Regards,Robert

>The MD11 will have two versions, one for FS9, one for FSX and>I will have to decide which one to get if I want to buy it?We don't know yet. Depends on a bunch of things right now.>The current NG series will stay limited to FS9, but there will>be a completely new NG product for FSX (which will have to be>bought separately)?Correct.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest RobertK

Alright, thanks for the clarification, Ryan. :)Regards,Robert

What I found most interesting is the 5 months to get in ready for FSX in re: 744. That speaks volumes as to how long any of our addons from any dev will take be it scenery or aircraft to get it ready for FSX. So if a dev (not saying PMDG here) waits until the SDK comes out with the full version and FSX is released around beginning of Oct, we should not expect some of our favorite addons to be ready until sometime in Feb of 07.

Eric 

I'm sure I'll get in trouble for asking, but...How does the A320 fit into the grand scheme of things?Will it be after the above mentioned work or concurrent?

Thanks for the update :)I don't know why, but it excites me to hear that the 744 update will take around 5+ months and I don't mind waiting that time either, must be something to do with the complexity of the plane and new features of FSX :((I don't want to ask, but what about the A32X :-lol )

Alaister Kay

Guest SilverCircle

>What I found most interesting is the 5 months to get in ready>for FSX in re: 744. That speaks volumes as to how long any of>our addons from any dev will take be it scenery or aircraft to>get it ready for FSX. So if a dev (not saying PMDG here) waits>until the SDK comes out with the full version and FSX is>released around beginning of Oct, we should not expect some of>our favorite addons to be ready until sometime in Feb of 07.Honestly, I don't expect any major add-on before spring 2007. But that's ok. I'am one of those who will wait a while to buy FSX, most likely wait until Vista is out and reasonably stable and until the major issues with DX10 (and drivers) have settled.And my PC, which is only a bit over a year old, will most likely need another update to run FS X + complex addons as well as it can now run FS9 with all the nice addons.Patience is the key, i guess. I'am sure, FS X will bring a lot of new and exciting things for all of us, but I'am not so much worrying about all that stuff right now. Instead, I enjoy flying in FS9 and the great PMDG products and I'am perfectly happy with the quality and stability of these products (i would say, it will take a while until FS-X will reach this level of reliability).

Guest ClearedDirect

>I'm sure I'll get in trouble for asking, but...>>How does the A320 fit into the grand scheme of things?>>Will it be after the above mentioned work or concurrent?At the PMDG Ops FAQ site it says that the A320 will be a purely FSX product - I think that is as much as you will get.Gene

Guest Loiosh

Assuming no work was done before FSX was released, 5 months after FSX is released. Assuming. ;)As time will tell us, I look forward to all the updates. FS10 looks like a lovely update.

Eric-I wouldn't infer too much on my estimate. I'm merely looking at the time we have already invested- plus an estimate of how much more still remains ahead.This will vary from product to product, I'm certain. Some less complex addons, and some addons that don't go to the depth that the Queen reaches will take less time. The QOTS product line requires significant resources to run, and as you probably guessed FSX is going to demand more resources than FS9- so Lefteris is devoting a tremendous amount of time to learning the new FSX platform- and optimizing the 400 to capitalize on performance gains in order to deliver the same or better performance under FSX than we see under FS9.His focus is to capitalize on the strengths of the new FSX platform to bring you the best performance possible. It's a SIGNIFICANT amount of work in a simulation as complex as the Queen.We could simply make it run, paying no attention to the opportunities to optimize within FSX- and kick it out the back door to you, but PMDG doesn't operate that way, as you know. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest CWD

>The MD11 will have two versions, one for FS9, one for FSX and>I will have to decide which one to get if I want to buy it?Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but I don't think it's an either/or proposition. If both versions are made, nothing stops you from getting both.Personally, I'm more concerned with their definitely being an FS9 version of the MD-11 then how fast an FSX one becomes available, as I'm thinking at the moment I won't be doing FSX until next spring or so anyhow. And since at the moment, it seems there will indeed be one for FS9 as originially planned, I'm content. :)

Hi Robert,Just want to say thanks for the post and what you can tell us at this time. I would guess that since FSX is a new product, there're many variables that need to be worked out. Ken.