Sign in to follow this  
Guest SilverCircle

Speculation regarding FSX, FS9 etc....

Here's to hoping the MD-11 is available for FS9!! Like so many others, I don't plan on even messing with FSX until next year, and probably summer, since I need hardware and add-ons to really enjoy the sim.Keeping my fingers crossed.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>You will have the opportunity to fly The Queen in FSXThat's all I needed to know!And a big thank-you for the extra info on optimization in the later post!Cheers,Martijn

Guest rabbitcancer
Personally, I'm more concerned with their definitely being an FS9 version of the MD-11 then how fast an FSX one becomes available, as I'm thinking at the moment I won't be doing FSX until next spring or so anyhow. And since at the moment, it seems there will indeed be one for FS9 as originially planned, I'm content.
I feel exactly the same way. I have been waiting for this aircraft for a long time and have recently spent over $200 U.S. in scenery and texture upgrades for FS2004.On my system - FS2004 looks incredible. FSX will be better - yes, but I cannot afford the *GPU with a PC attached to it* that will be required to run FSX at sufficient speed and quality.

Well Robert did say one of the things that precipitated the a320 was the groups ability to now run concurrent product lines so we'llsee it when we see it I guess'Patient man ride donkey' we say in Ja - so I'm flat on my ahem, butt waiting :)regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest milstar20

I just want to add something. He mentioned being able to fly the Queen in FSX but he never said it to be a PMDG product. FSX will be shipping with the 747-400 as a default aircraft. It is official and is on their website. Bottom line, let PMDG do their thing and let the speculation end. Any estimates now are immature anyway because once the SDK comes out it may be found to be extremely easy to port over, or extremely hard, and I don't blame PMDG for not wanted to fuel the flames of assumption. The bottom line is that until the game comes out there are no hard facts and though PMDG may have a relationship with the design team, games sometimes go through many changes which can make the final product differ greatly from earlier beta versions, and I applaud PMDG for concentrating on what they know and not rushing to make FSX compatibility fixes/changes that may end up not working on the shipping version of FSX. Lets all get FSX as a way of supporting our fanbase and prove to everyone that we are indeed a worthwhile group to invest in, but please understand that even FS9 took some time to stretch its legs, and FSX will be no different. In fact, to have any sort of product of PMDG quality with all of their custom systems within 5 months of FSX's release would be amazing. I have purchased everything PMDG has ever released except there airplace statue(sorry guys!) and I plan on continuing this as long as they stay the pace and do what they've always done. Lets worry about FSX when FSX is here. Personally, I have some flights to do in FS9.......

Guest milstar20

by queen i meant near shipping time..lol. I know the PMDG queen will make it over eventually! :)

Guest aafuss

Hi Robert,Thanks for the update about PMDG and FSX.

Guest Loiosh

Please see above for the comment about 5 months. Don't /assume/ that is five months -after- FSX annouces. Just 5 months total of development time since they've had FSX.How long have they have FSX?-coughcough- -shady look around-.There ya go. =)

Gentlemen-(I'm directing this at you boys, since the ladies are generally more well behaved.) ;-)As you may or (in the case of a few of you) may not have noticed, we are being expressly quiet about FSX and the compatibility of many of our product lines with FSX and/or FS9.There is a very specific reason for our lack of comment, and it is legal in nature. The bottom line is that we are very limited as to what we can and cannot say regarding FSX at this time, and we'd rather not get into specifics that might accidentally get us or anyone else into trouble.The following information is all that we can give you at this time:-> The MD11 has been being developed as an FS9 based product, with the intent that an FSX compatible version will also be produced. Specific details of compatibility will have a lot to do with how FSX progresses, how the MD11 progresses, and about 20 other factors that I cannot discuss.-> The NG series cannot be modified/updated/patched to make it compatible with FSX. We should fix that problem pretty quickly with the 737NGX product line, however that brings this three year old product line up to standards with all the new PMDG/FSX bells and whistles. The NGX product line is all new, and bears no relation to the existing NG product line.-> The PMDG 747-400 series products are not compatible with FSX. You will have the opportunity to fly The Queen in FSX, however- and I cannot give you more details than this.In the past, it's been traditional for developers to patch their most current products to make them compatible with the newer version of FS. I think you'll see some of this from the development community- but I should warn you that FSX is a bigger structural change than we've seen in 10+ years- so this is not a matter of changing a few lines of code. We already know that the 400 series product line will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 months of work done on it by the time you fly it in FSX. The implications of this haven't been fully considered- and as such I'm not going to give you any information on what/how/when, etc. Yes folks- that is ALL I am allowed to tell you at this time. I would politely ask that you refrain from demanding specific details on FSX or our products relation to FSX- as we will be unable to answer most all of those questions for now. Once we are able to talk more freely- we will, of course.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>I just want to add something. He mentioned being able to fly>the Queen in FSX but he never said it to be a PMDG product.Surely you're not implying we're playing with words and saying that you're only gonna get the default FSX 747 right?The PMDG 747-400 product will work in FSX once the update is finished. No tricks lol!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

busy time for all concerned in the FS community..most of us though are just waiting....which leads to threads like this..as a certain novelist wrote "the problem with doing nothing, is not knowing when your finished"

Guest drv4truk

>What I found most interesting is the 5 months to get in ready>for FSX in re: 744. That speaks volumes as to how long any of>our addons from any dev will take be it scenery or aircraft to>get it ready for FSX. So if a dev (not saying PMDG here) waits>until the SDK comes out with the full version and FSX is>released around beginning of Oct, we should not expect some of>our favorite addons to be ready until sometime in Feb of 07.Maybe your favorite add-ons won't be ready until 5 months from release, but other developers already have working FS X products(ESDG). So, it really depends on how easy it is for each developer to figure out the new structure and implement any changes. Since most people have already figured out how to import complex aircraft into the demo, don't be surprised if you see user made patches for certain aircraft that developers will not support in FS X. Kris Goodrich

Hello all,having been already accredited to the US Department of Defense, does anyone know how to obtain the security clearance required to get that information?:-shy

>>You will have the opportunity to fly The Queen in FSX>>That's all I needed to know!>And a big thank-you for the extra info on optimization in the>later post!>>Cheers,>Martijn>Yup..Thats all I care about now. Hopefully with an updated 5.1 sound.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter