Sign in to follow this  
Guest iemit123

Slow FPS when move mouse and Trnsfrm/lighting enbled.

Guest andyman

Whenever i fly the PMDG 737 or 747 the frames suddenly drop when i move the mouse from the VC. If i disable transform and lighting this doesnt happen, but i get 10 less frames without T&L enabled. The default planes don't do this. Could it be that my graphics card is shader 1.1?

Guest planeman223

Don't use the VC. lolAlex

Guest andyman

But it looks too dam* Good!!!!

Guest andyman

To clarify, it happens when i move the mouse around inside the VC full screen or windowed.

Guest planeman223

Interesting. Unfortunatly--(sp) I don't use the VC, it just doesn't do it for me. I wish I could help you out. All I can say is reinstall the plane.....not game just the plane. Obviously get rid of the tramsform lighting. Make sure your MIP MAPPING is in the mid range, along with all the other settings, nothing maxed out.What are your system specs?Alex

Guest andyman

I've reinstalled the plane and its always happened. Transform and lighting boosts my frames by about 10, without it i get a slide show all the time.(but mouse doesnt effect VC). My Mip Mapping is usually 5/6 and most settings are in the mid.Pentium 4, 2.4 GHZ-Northwood A.1 GB ram PC2700An old Radeon 9250 128MB, direct X 8.1/ shader 1.1 (i'm stuck with PCI)Live 5.1 sound cardother typical stuff like DVD-RW, 80 GB HDD, 300 watt PSUThis also happens with the feelThere planes and Level-D but not the default planes.

Guest planeman223

MIP needs to come down. Directly e-mail PMDG if this doesnt work.

Guest andyman

This issue is pretty much helpless. I'm going to purchase a new computer for FSX with a PCI-E DX-10 GPU. But for my secondary/FS9 box i guess i'll just slap in a direct X 9 card for cheap. That should eliminate the issue; I think transform and lighting just doesnt work perfectly with my card.

I'd guess it's the fact that you have such a low end video card - never seen anything remotely like this on my full DX9 card...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest andyman

Direct X 8.1 cards had their high ends and low ends a few years ago. By now they are just low end. If we were back in time, this would be a midrange card.

This cycle of video card technology has been quite a bit longer than you think though. DX9 cards have been the norm for quite a while. The Radeon 9500 and 9700 Pro were really the first good ones and those cards came out around August and December of 2002 man... both those cards will still smoke what you're using now and they're close to 4 years old. I had a 9800 Pro, let that run out it's life cycle and then got a 7800GTX - still DX9, just more raw processing power. Any particular reason you never upgraded? There's some cheap fully DX9 cards out now that would probably solve your problem at minimal cost I think...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest andyman

I plan on getting a DX9 card soon, and in a few months i'll get another PC with all the latest and greatest stuff like DX10 PCI-E dual core etc.