Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Edimensional users

Just wondering who the users are, and what your settings are. It seems if I take separation above 40-50%, I dont get a quality picture. Another question I have is how important refresh rate is, along with resolution size and monitor size. Ive known for a few months now that sooner or later I was going to be locked into buying a new monitor (15" right now, hehe). What are the most important factors in getting a good stereo picture and what does everyone have their settings at? Thanks in advance.CraigEDIT: By the way, anyone know of any good ED forums where users of the glasses congregate? I just got them today, and like them alot so far, but Im kind of flying by the seat of my pants here so far. The documentation with the glasses pretty much sucks beyond getting the glasses hooked up, and the document on the ED CD wont open up on XP. (Im assuming because of Word or Wordpad version incompatibilites)

Craig,I use the ED glasses with Track IR. I run a 19" monitor 18" viewable, on a Geforce TI 500. The refresh rate should be 100 or higher, which limits resolution to 1152x864 on my setup. I set the amount of stereo at 4%. Then I adjust the convergence so that the gauges are clear in the vc. I've seen posts where some set the stereo at 80%. I'd sure like to know how they do it. The ghousting at that high of a setting is terrible and I personally can't stand it. One has to cross his eyes to see clearly.I've tried every driver and tweak to allow a higher setting than 4%, but have yet to find a combo that eliminates ghousting at high levels.I set it while on the runway centerline. I increase stereo depth untill I see a double centerline, then adj covergence untill gauges are clear.I'm sure interested in any responses you get.Have A Good Day !!!! Rex

Guest jaapverduijn

I started out with the default settings when installing the ED glasses. The CD-ROM from eDimensional refused to run, but one doesn't need it with Nvidia drivers: everything is taken care of by Nvidia.Since the glasses take away quite a lot of brightness, color and contrast, I've set my card to 1.9 gamma, maximum digital vibrance, and a bit more contrast than usual.For the stereo setting themselves: increasing the separation is a matter of "getting used to". I started at default (around 30% if I remember correctly), and over the weeks increased it with the result it's now fixed at 100%. Slight ghosting, but nothing to be upset about. Similar with convergence: started out with default, but right now it's continuously at minimum, in order to create a more or less realistic distance between myself and close-up objects. Like the tarmac seen from my R4D: with default convergence, the tarmac seems only 1 meter below - with convergence at minimum, it's more like the 4 meters that in reality a R4D pilot sits above the runway.I've got a 22 inch monitor, running at 120 herz in 1024x768x32. I would like a higher resolution, but then the refresh rate drops to 100 herz which produces a lot of flicker. The low resolution doesn't matter too much though: in stereo it SEEMS higher!Keep experimenting, it's the only way to find the optimum settings for your eyes, your rig, your brain. The latter is the most important: it's the brain that must be fooled into believing that it's seeing depth. Seems that my brain is VERY easily fooled... (grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

Jaap,Thanks for the tip.I set vibrance at max, gamma around 3.00, Right now I'm at 53% stereo and I'm liking the results. Ghousting is minimized at the higher gamma settings. These settings were tweaked in the sim, then I wrote a config file to save settings. I appreciate your input...Have A Good Day !!!! Rex

Thanks for the response Jaap. I figured that it was nothing more than training your eyes to acquire 100% separation. Im not going to push it too much until I buy a bigger monitor that can acheive higher resolutions and higher refresh rates. Even at 30% it is a remarkable improvement over not having them at all. I am still welcoming any users of the glasses to post their settings and whatnot. Thanks.Craig

Guest jaapverduijn

You're welcome, guys!Jaap Verduijn.

hello everybody.. listen.. I have a problem with my 3D glasses.. each time I tried to run the FS2002 using the cockpit panel, in the space between the panel and the view the panel seems to be transparent and blinking all the time, but when I use the virtual cockpit, the image is perfect.. somebody knows how to fix this?? I am desperate..

Guest jaapverduijn

I'd like to help you out, but I don't have the faintest idea. Sorry!Jaap Verduijn.

Hacostam, Assuming the problem starts just after activating 3D with the toggle switch (Ctl-T), try changing view right or left then allow it to snap back to center view. This corrects the problem on my system.Good luck,John M.

I had this problem myself and solved it by using the newest 3D drivers by Nvidia and also using the 29.42 Nvidia drivers for my Geforce 2ti.Before, the 2D panel would be seen only through one eye, giving it a flickering appearance that would only clear up by going to the virtual cockpit. Now, the 2D panel is rock solid. (Still flat, but the outside virtual world has great depth perception in 3D).

Guest jaapverduijn

I'm going to send my wireless version back today in exchange for wired glasses. The wireless glasses are kind of flimsy, because of the necessity of fitting parts, batteries and switches into a space that really isn't sufficient. The batteries don't connect flawlessly, the on/off switch becomes irreliable after a few hundred pushes, the battery cover comes loose... in short: I'll get myself a wired set instead.I am VERY satisfied about the eDimensional glasses, and it seems all the avove can be solved by using the wored ones.Jaap Verduijn.