Sign in to follow this  
Gerabus

Graphics Card Help

Hi AllI hope there is someone who can advise on this issue that I have.I have 2 Nvidia 7800GTX SLI graphic cards installed. When I go to my settings in the Nvidia control panel to up my settings, Antialiasing and anistropic filtering from application controlled to the cards control, load up FS9 and something like PMDG 747 or another company's 777. After a few moments I get split views in analogue and eventually VC panels and my sub panels are outside the main panels. When I take my settings off and re-load FS9 these are fine but Scenery airports like Gatwick pro or Heathrow pro and the likes my runway markings and distant buildings seem to have a flashing effect but not when change my settings.What am I doing wrong?Any help would be very much appreciaredGerry

Something to try. If your antialiasing is above 4X on the Nvidia control panel I would try turning it down. I experienced a similar problem on my Nvidia 6800 GT. Likley a problem between the Nvidia driver and FS9.Gideon

Guest kanoasurf

Gerry, got the last Nvidia driver?antonio

Don't have SLI but I have the same card...1. Make sure you've got the latest drivers.2. Are you running in Full Screen or Windowed mode within FS? I've had some really weird stuff that sounds similar to this happen with high AA levels if I'm running in Windowed mode. Changing to full screen and then just using ALT-TAB to switch between FS and other programs fixed it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the advice guys. Yes I have the latest drivers, I will give the full screen mode a go when I get home on Mon night.CheersGerry

I have an NVIDIA problem too but none of those suggestions helps fix it.My problem is that when I go to the over head view or look at the ground scenery when flying all I see is a lanscape cut apart by scissors. One part of the runway is visible and the rest of it is offset by 5kms. The same applies to blocks of scenery. I have the latest drivers and am running DirectX3D (V9). Can anyone help? The card is a NVIDIA Ge Force 7300LE. It should be a 256Mb card but the systems reports it as a 512Mb one. Lucky me!Another Gerry

Guest D17S

Had the same problem. Just reinstalling the latest Nvida driver didn't fix it, . . . initially. Still had tearing problems. "Add/remove" had not completely cleaned out what ever was broken before. So, I had to get more detailed about the un-reinstall process. After you have uninstalled the driver using control panel's add/remove, use driver cleaner pro here. The free one works just fine. http://www.drivercleaner.net/This will clean up what ever's left in the reg. Now explore over to the Nvida directory and delete it, completely. Reboot. Now install the latest Nvida driver. That should do it.

Hi Guys,Reporting back. The full screen solution fixed it for meThanks for all your helpGerry

Guest Callmecapt

some 7300LE's have 512MB instead of the 256MB. Example, the Albatron GeForce 7300LE has 512MB. Still, reviews put this card at the bottom of the list for 3D gaming and firmly plant it as a media centre card. However, it does have Value for money.Performance: 1/6Features: 3/6Value for money: 4/6Source: PC Authority August 2006 page 72Goran