Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Strange conflict: Livery affecting joystick command

Guest AJ

Hi folks,I'm having a wierd issue with my 744F. The Polar Air Cargo livery is somehow inhibiting me from using the TO/GA function assigned to my X-52 joysitck through FSUIPC.I know this sounds bizzare, but, I have tested this pretty thoroughly. I have asigned the TO/GA command to a keyboard button via PMDG's interface and then then assigned the key press to my joystick through FSUIPC. It works fine on all other liveries that I have tested, but any time I load the Polar Air Cargo livery, this one command consistently fails to work. If I press the assigned command on the keyboard, it works fine. I have tried assigning the command to other buttons on the stick but none of them work. And yet other commands assigned in the same manner, such as autopilot disconnect, work fine.I really hate this, as I recently started flying with GLobe Air Cargor, and I like having the TO/GA command programmed to my throttle. Any Ideas as to why this would happen only witht eh PAC livery and not the others?Andrew

I won't say that's impossible but I will say it's unlikely. Try uninstalling that livery and download a new copy and install that.

Guest AJ

>I won't say that's impossible but I will say it's unlikely.>Try uninstalling that livery and download a new copy and>install that.Already done that. Nothing changed, but thanks anyway. I know it makes no sense, but using other liveries, the command works fine. I guess I'll have to settle for using the plain Polar Cargo livery, which works fine. Andrew

Guest joediamond

FSUIPC has a setting for custom commands to work only with a certain aircraft, model and livery. Perhaps you had that box checked when you set up your commands.C McCarthy

^||Yeah definitely check that... there's absolutely no other way I can see this happening, the liveries are nothing but different fltsim.x entries in the aircraft.cfg, they don't load keymaps or do anything related to the program other than load particular texture, model and sound folders...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest AJ

Thank you so much guys. I too understand that the livery should not be able to afffect such things. That is why this problem has so confounded me. I just did not make sense. I will check this setting st my first opportunity. That must be it.Andrew

Guest AJ

Thank you very much, sir! That fixed it. Somehow I never noticed that little box was ticked. Very nice to have that mystery out of the way. The fact that the problem seemed to defy common sense was actually more distressing than the problem itself.Andrew