Sign in to follow this  
Guest keiron

The PMDG forum in general

Guest keiron

A question to the PMDG team and the PMDG team only!Are you eventually going to upgrade to a better forum..a forum of your own like an Invison one or are you always going to remain intact within the Avsim forums?I ask this question because this forum is one i try to use quite regular and it holds some great resources thoughout the posts.My main point is i find this forum a real pain in the a$$ to navigate around & to search around and i always am befuddled by the massive threads in HTML that go on and on. I was just asking anywhow & hope you dont take offence.

Guest Loiosh

I personally prefer invision myself (which I ran for a few years); however, using AVSIM's resources saves bandwidth. This site gets a lot of traffic (and -lots- of pictures posted). Plus, when you run your own PHP-based forum you increase the risk of being attacked.

Keiron-we have a wonderful Wiki set up for exactly these kinds of searches. It is located at:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wikiIf you don't find an answer in there, but instead you find it here, you will do everyone a favor if you take it and post it there yourself! That's the beauty of a Wiki - everyone can post helpful answers!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Not sure I agree. This forum is definitely a vast resource and it takes minimum amount of skill to search it successfully. All you need is a right combination of words (I hope you use the 'advanced' search) to search for and you normally find all you want and more. Yes, sometimes it takes a few trial and errors but I am always able to find what I want in less than 15 minutes. If you get 'massive' threads I suspect you cast too wide a net. What I usually do I first try a very narrow search that gives me a zero result and then slighlty relax the rules to cast a wider net. Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest keiron

>I personally prefer invision myself (which I ran for a few>years); however, using AVSIM's resources saves bandwidth. This>site gets a lot of traffic (and -lots- of pictures posted). >>Plus, when you run your own PHP-based forum you increase the>risk of being attacked.ohh right i understand, thats probably why then. Thanks for the input..thats put my mind at rest. :)